• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmm forbidden guacamole...
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Oil looked clean, but had the same film on it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6754.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	1285123 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6755.jpg
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	1285124
      —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
      1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
      1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
      1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Looks like what Sly said condensation in the engine.

Comment

Yeah... oil looks good. I wouldn't worry about it. Just be sure to give it a good run some day... get it up to operating temp for a good 30 minutes. It'll bake all that crap out.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Inching ever closer to the big brake swap. Upper control arms are assembled with poly bushings and ready to go.

Name:	07AF4345-C086-4438-AE0D-24D15AE98507.jpeg
Size:	3.20 MB
ID:	1285198
            —John

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)

Comment

FYI: a 6 inch 3/8 extension works as a good stabilizer when poked through the bolt holes in the cross bar to tighten the end nuts while off the car.

Yes... I abuse my tools.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

I could just use my impact. Haha.
                —John

Comment

Getting things ready for the HO swap as well. All in good time.

Name:	IMG_6791.jpg
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	1285199 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6792.jpg
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	1285200
                  —John

Comment

Originally posted by Giraffe View Post
                    I could just use my impact. Haha.
                    Yeah... Mine still spun in place using an impact. Had to stabilize the bar for the impact to work.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                      Yeah... Mine still spun in place using an impact. Had to stabilize the bar for the impact to work.
                      That's pretty much what I meant. I could probabaly get away with clamping them in my vise.
                      —John

Comment

That would work too. When I did that, I didn't have my vice on a real stable mount.

Comment

So I put the car up for sale this week.

Then I realized that I'm probably not going to get what I'm asking for it since no one will want to buy a car without A/C in North Texas with summer just around the corner.

So I deleted the ads I had placed.

I'll be hanging onto the car, but I'm going to shift priorities to the '66 Mustang. I have my assignment. I'll be moving to Little Rock AFB in Arkansas by March next year. With this in mind, my goal is to get all the rusted or damaged sheet metal on the '66 replaced before then. I won't be able to do that if I'm splitting funds between the '66 and the Mercury. The Mercury's time will come, but it will have to wait a little while. Unfortunately, this also means I'll be postponing the big brake swap unless someone wants to give me some tires for free.

On that note, I'm going to go ahead and sell the steelies, trim rings, and center caps I have and see about getting my hands on some HPPs or just getting some 17" Torq Thrusts when the time comes. We'll see.

On the plus side, I got some nice new pictures when I cleaned it up to get it ready to sell.

—John

Comment

Looks pretty good. I dig that blue velour interior. Air box & snorkel set up looks nice too.
                            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Only one iron in the fire at a time in terms of car projects. I am fighting the same fight.
                              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

How much were u going to sell it for

Comment

Working...
                                X