Post your mods and ET/dyno #'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post your mods and ET/dyno #'s

Well winters pretty well rolling in which often means thinkin about putting a little extra pep in the step for spring. We do have a wide range of modifications so lets get a little collection together and keep things technical and informative!
    Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
    HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

I'll start with my 91 marquis' journey over the years.

-stock 0-60 high 12's-13sec
    -3.73 gears and 28" tires 0-60 mid 12's
    -ho upper/tb, oem ho headers with dumped duals through flowmasters was high 11's-12sec 0-60

-still stock weight... zero porting on gt40p heads and explorer intakes, 65mm tb, 75ish mm maf, cold air intake tube still to the horrendous stock intake boot, comp xe258 cam, a9p mustang ecu with 19lb injectors tuned to 12.6afr
    =240rwhp@4600rpm/300rwtq with over 250rwtq 2500-5800rpm. 0-60 was in the mid 7 seconds. 1/4 was 14.8@90mph.
    ((First had the HO cam with 1.7's in there... soggy down low but quite pulled hard higher in the revs giving that fun fast feel, never got numbers on 1/4 or 0-60))
    ((Xe258 cam is almost like a diesel cummins at part throttle and in the sub 4000rpm range but its always making the same power so you don't ever feel that fun pull in your seat feeling, then starts running out of breath at 5000rpm))

-added lentech wide ratio aod, 2800rpm converter, 30"x12" rear tires and 28x10 fronts on big heavy steel wheels, 100lbs added in sound insulation and other tidbits beefing things up a little
    =1/4 was 15.00@89mph
    +125hp nitrous was 13.3@99mph

-added 180lbs (total 4480lbs on the scales/4300 race weight) in chassis/4link/rear end/fuel... major beefing up for 1000+hp in the future. Only gasket matched the p heads intake port mouths just 1/2" in to match up with the heavily puddled/ported explorer lower, cut open and heavily ported explorer upper, 75mmtb, 30lb injectors, megasquirt full sequencial ign/fuel setup running best at 13-13.2afr, elec fans, cold air fabbed 4" taper to 3" to mandrel bend into tb, still same exhaust
    = 6.8sec 0-60, 14.4@93 in the 1/4, 50hp nitrous 13.8's@97mph, (2) 50hp nitrous stages 13.1's@102mph and 4.8sec 0-60
    (( 200lbs removed NA and cool temps yielded 14.1's@95mph))

-my xe270 cam is going in this winter so I'll post back but I have very high hopes for it. Next winter will be seeious head porting, tigged longtubes and a fabricated from scratch 1 piece upper/lower combined intake which i am really looking forward to.
    Last edited by merc91; 11-24-2016, 03:30 AM.
    HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

This thread isn't getting much love, so I'll post my sad results. I'm going from memory here... My 351 put down a massive 171HP and 270 Ft/lbs of torque on the dyno. 350cfm 2150 carb, full custom dual exhaust 2.5 to 2.25 to 2.5". The car weighs about 3800 pounds, has a shift kit and 3.27 trac lok rear. Not sure what it'd do in the quarter, maybe 16s if I was lucky?

Merc, do you DD this car?

Hopefully this little bump will get someone else, with more interesting things mods to post.
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

FYI:

Time Slip Thread: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...imeslip-thread

Dyno Thread: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...no-Pull-Thread

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Merc91, you have one hell of a ride. I remember when I first joined this forum (under a different name) years ago and you had just bought that car. Simply wow, props to you.

-1994 Lincoln Town Car...always under construction

Comment

That said... My 93 has...
            - PI swap from 03 towny
            - Magnaflow cats and muffs
            - 3.55L rear
            - electric radiator fan and F150 radiator (after dyno pull)
            - AFE cold air intake

I don't remember if I did the electric fan before or after SF2015 when we went to the drags.

Time slips: (right lane all slips)
            Attached Files

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

It is a true dd yes. Threw 2 deer in the trunk (diff days lol) and pullin trailers and the duck boat and what not while having to pass emissions and not totally kill me at the $5/gal gas up here. Thanks zombie 👍

Seems those threads have been collecting dust for ages and seems like once a week there's guys wanting to see what gains for duals, gears, tb, intakes etc... actually stumbled upon my old notes that day and figured maybe get a fresh batch of some info rollin for those whome it may help.

Neat to see what the pi swap yields, never actually seen what they can do 👍

Comment

Some other numbers i have collected in back-to-back passes and other findings.

+10hp =.11sec/.9mph in 1/4

1/8 tank of gas= 80lbs less than a full tank= .1sec in 1/4

+200lbs sand bags= Cost .05 in 60', .18 in 1/8, .25sec and 1.2mph in 1/4

Dropping 1 sec 1/4= .15sec in 60'

Exhaust cutouts (essentially open shorty headers) = .05sec .4mph in 1/4

10*f air temp change= .07sec .5mph 1/4

Assuming good traction, 1sec in 1/4 translates to exactly 1 second 0-60mph times at the 5-8second 0-60 level.

100lbs= .1sec in 0-60mph times

Three major actual traction helping tricks that make a world of difference on these beyond the locker/"posi" rear end are:
                1. an airbag in the passenger side coil pumped up around 15-20psi or until faint rubber on road is even darkness on both sides at a launch
                2. unbolting the bottoms of the front shocks (be carefull as it does take away handling but it's not bad AS LONG AS THE SWAYBAR IS HOOKED UP)
                3. stiffer rear shocks and wagon springs (kyb gas-a-justs worked fantastic for me)

30x12" tires are the biggest that will fit in the rear wheelwells as they sit which really helps the traction. 28x10" tires fit great up front with no rubbing on tight turns. After massaging inner rear wheelwells flush with frame rail, and cutting out the inner fender at the lip area will allow a 14" wide tire max.

The stock aod starts slipping bad as 1 aproaches 300fwhp (explorer heads/intakes/good cam basic build). The bolt in silverfox valvebody helped a fair bit but would still slip on 1-2nd shift until you let off for a second.

Stock bottom end with cast pistons is tougher than it gets credit for. Happily took 300hp/425hp on nitrous for a long time and still ran great. The duration at .050 of the comp xe258 cam is at the limit of stock lopo bottom end ptv clearance. Don't be afraid at all to do a 6000rpm or less/sub 400hp build on an untouched lopo bottom if ckmpression and oil press are up to snuff.

Comment

Originally posted by merc91 View Post
                  Neat to see what the pi swap yields, never actually seen what they can do ��
                  One of these days I'm going to swap the 2001 ECM for the 99 ECM and get that tuned. Should shift the trans better and give it a little more go. Next tune I get, I'm going to a shop that can tune these things for low end as well and not just top end mustang tunes.

Comment

Stock roller lopo short block
                    Bone stock junkyard e7's
                    HO cam with 1.7rr's
                    HO upper + HO TB, 63mm EGR spacer
                    Lincoln logs, stock duals with cats
                    SD, D9S, 19# injectors

WR-AOD with a lentech VB, random unknown convertor

3.55's and a trac-lok

15.25@89

Literally a junk-I-had-laying-around build.
                    Still slow as hell but much better than the 18+ the stock CFI junk ran

https://youtu.be/YeRHMw3smNg

The drivetrain now resides in my winter beater wagon.

https://youtu.be/k6IZb_zkhSc
                    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Didn't really even want to post but figured i'd throw this in for reference-sake. I briefly had some cool shit on my previous '90 before it was sacrificed to the stupid California traffic gods. Setup was as follows:

Stock lopo bottom end, approximately 130k. Freshened used edelbrock performer 5.0 heads. 62cc chambers, 170cc, 2.02/1.60 valves, etc. 1.7 roller rockers. Pro-products Typhoon intake manifold(performer rpm efi knockoff). 65mm lightning tb and egr spacer. C&L 76mm MAF, 24lb injectors, '04 PI airbox w/AFE dry filter. Mustang speed-density ziptube. EBAY mustang shorty headers, old bbk o/r h-pipe with 2 cal-legal cats welded in. 2.5" all the way back with Moroso spiral-flow mufflers. 3.08 open rear.

Car was a good runner before mods. Had the exhaust on for a while, but literally only got about 100 miles on the new top-end before the car got wrecked but I can say that the difference was night-and-day.

Did lose a significant amount of low-end torque, which would certainly be offset with different rear gears, a shift kit, and/or stall converter. Shifting manually the car was a rocket! Literally double the power of what it was previously. Did not like WOT at first and would stumble, but the computer was starting to come around about the time things all went bad. Car would do 80 or so in 2nd gear without even sounding uncomfortable. Like I said, lost some low-end, but the mid and upper-rpm was like a freight train. Without a tach, I would call it from 2500-5000rpm or so was just magical.

Bear in mind this is a '90 California car that was born with a MAF computer. Nothing was changed except plugging in the mustang C&L MAF calibrated for 24lb injectors. I had planned to back it off to 19lb as the 24's were too much, but never had the chance. Anyone considering this level of mods should definitely convert to mass-air, but with this stuff and a little gear, these cars really wake up. Hope to have better stuff done to the new car by summer but we'll see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                        Stock roller lopo short block
                        Bone stock junkyard e7's
                        HO cam with 1.7rr's
                        HO upper + HO TB, 63mm EGR spacer
                        Lincoln logs, stock duals with cats
                        SD, D9S, 19# injectors

WR-AOD with a lentech VB, random unknown convertor

3.55's and a trac-lok

15.25@89

Literally a junk-I-had-laying-around build.
                        Still slow as hell but much better than the 18+ the stock CFI junk ran

https://youtu.be/YeRHMw3smNg

The drivetrain now resides in my winter beater wagon.

https://youtu.be/k6IZb_zkhSc
                        Sorry to bring this back from the dead....any issues with that D9S? I wonder if i could run a programmed one and a cam to gt around the Mass air swap
                        1990 Crown Vic - Lowered, E303 cammed, Short tube headers, H-pipe and Thursh welded mufflers dumped....MANY UPDATES COMING
                        1999 Expedition EB mildy lifted on 33" Toyo's
                        2012 4Runner Trail, 33" Duratracs, KDSS,lifted and louder.

Comment

Working...
                        X