non bench seat for a box.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

non bench seat for a box.

Trying to narrow down what will work for my seat swap. I'll be running a 5spd so my current bench seat isn't the best option. I'd also be interested in a center console down the road but main thing is seats for now. I know it will more than likely be a pair from a whale since I believe that's the only one that offered a center console right? I'm sure you guys know of a few options. Thanks
    Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
    Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
    Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

I'm considering this as well, and would like to keep power seats, even if it takes some electrical fuckery. Buckets would be nice though, tired of flat seats.

Comment

I have seen several conversions using Taurus buckets and console in Panthers. They look pretty good and come with leather and power.
      Also, the buckets and console from Crown Vic sports can be considered.

Comment

Seat style and console style are none of my worries. Power would be nice but can do without. I'm just looking for a fairly direct swap whether I can bolt the seat to existing brackets or I have swap the thing, idk. Whatever seats I get will probably be reupholstered as well to match my rear cloth. I want cloth in the end. But again not crucial now. My first thought was the seats from a whale p71
        Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
        Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
        Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

92+ Panther seats won't bolt up. You will need to fab up custom rails. Because the seats are lopsided the rails won't easy to make either.

SN197 Mustang buckets can be made to fit fairly easily.

Comment

Let me try a different route.. what options do I have with my split bench? "5spd swap guys" feel free to chime in

Comment

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
              what options do I have with my split bench? "5spd swap guys" feel free to chime in
              What do you mean? You don't need to do anyhting with them.

2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I have police buckets from a 93 cv they bolted right into my 90
                And used a console from an exploder
                Weird thing when I added the heated seat kit to the police buckets the tags inside say 'Taurus'
                So I'll assume SHO BUCKETS would swap too??

Comment

I think the 90s are different than the 89 and down boxes aren't they? But anyway, that's great! I was thinking for some reason the seat sat to far forward. Cool!

Comment

Originally posted by 9t3lightning View Post
                    Weird thing when I added the heated seat kit to the police buckets the tags inside say 'Taurus'
                    So I'll assume SHO BUCKETS would swap too??
                    Maybe. The SHO seats have the tracks built into the sheetmetal for the bottom seat pan, and the legs said tracks use to bolt to the floor are not even height - two are identical citty-corner from each other, the other two are different from them and from each other as well. I no longer remember what exactly the geometry was, but the best way to go about using them in a '89-down box is to cut all this shit off and bring the seat pans down to flat and then do whatever needs done to bolt the Panther rails to that. The driver's seat will have your standard 6-way joystick setup plus two more switches (lumbar and bolsters) built in it, the harness plugs directly into the box Panther seat track, just feed the seat power and do something about a good ground. Passenger side seat will also have the lumbar and bolsters switches, but may not have the 6-way joystick thing, and again just give it power and ground and it will work.

Went thru all that while running SHO seats in a truck that has a flat frame to bolt buckets onto. The same seats are scheduled to continue their service in another truck, this one has no frame to bolt both of them onto so they will be using the Panther tracks modified as needed. They are super-comfy tho...
                    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                    The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

With a little fab work you can easily put whatever you want in. I eventually put Bronco II seats in, then box PI buckets

2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Just looking at those and my back hurts already! lol
                        The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                        The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

so box panther PI had buckets?

Comment

Seems to have been an option. The P72 I stumbled across just carried a basic front split bench seat. The seat material was trimmed very similarly, though.

My Cars:
                            -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                            -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                            -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                            -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

They were an option, and they apparently are very rare.

Comment

Working...
                              X