WTB: 87-89 Lincoln Town Car EFI Engine Harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: 87-89 Lincoln Town Car EFI Engine Harness

Looking for 2 harnesses for my 1989 Lincoln Town car. I need the EFI harness including the distributor connector. Mine has been hacked up over the years so looking for something in good shape.
    Last edited by 89LincolnTWNcar; 11-28-2016, 12:10 PM.
    1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

There's an 88 TC at Pull A Part in Columbia, SC...
    -Nick M.
    Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
    03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Bump still looking for this harness. To clarify it's the one from the ECM to the TFI, coil, SPOUT, etc...
      Last edited by 89LincolnTWNcar; 03-01-2017, 06:54 PM.
      1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

You mean that stand-alone section that plugs into the main body harness on the fender well and runs the items you mentioned plus the alternator and the A/C compressor clutch? I'll have to get back to you on that tomorrow.
        The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
        The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

I think he needs 88-89. 87 has different cruise control stuff at least.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
            You mean that stand-alone section that plugs into the main body harness on the fender well and runs the items you mentioned plus the alternator and the A/C compressor clutch? I'll have to get back to you on that tomorrow.
            Yes, that's the one. Basically the entire harness that the huge ECM connector is on. It's an 89 Town Car with speed density.

Comment

Gadget, yeah, '89 is what I'm gonna look at.

Originally posted by 89LincolnTWNcar View Post
              Yes, that's the one. Basically the entire harness that the huge ECM connector is on. It's an 89 Town Car with speed density.
              Jesus, ok, I'll see what condition that is. I was thinking you're only needing the front section. They are separate you know, the big rear section with the "salt and pepper" connectors drives injectors and EGR and all the sensors, whereas the distributor (with spout connector) and alternator and A/C compressor clutch are on a separate smaller harness up front that runs across the air box (it's clipped to its mounting bracket actually) and plugs into the main body harness over on the inner fender behind the coolant and washer tanks (and air ride compressor if so equipped). I don't recall what's between these two harnesses, but I intend to find out in the daylight.
              The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to look, what model and year do you have? I'm not too sure where the harness disconnects or connects but I know it goes from the ECM to the AC compressor, ignition coil and condensor, TFI module, alternator, then it goes over to some relays and the diagnostic connectors on the drivers fender well. The wires that I am having problems with are in the SPOUT/IDM/TFI/COIL circuit.

Comment

It's an '89 Townie, so ideal for you. I'll get back to you on it later today.

Comment

All that comes out in one piece really. Its a total of 3 harness sections, the main one that runs from battery to ECM and includes the TFI wiring and relays, the injector harness, and the O2/trans harness. If you unplug the ECM and just follow it along, it will all lift out without much fuss or bother.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      If you unplug the ECM and just follow it along, it will all lift out without much fuss or bother.
                      That is exactly what I plan on doing. Unfortunately I kinda blew the daylight today, so it will be tomorrow. Apologies for that.

Comment

aaaaaaaaaanyone else out there have an 88 or 89 Vic, LTC, or Marq parts car with a harness?

Comment

Working...
                        X