No announcement yet.

The 97 CV "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whenever I hear about state inspections, that is the only time I love living in Miami. Either way great project. Keep up the good work.
    1992 Mercury Grand Marquis.
    Upgrades: Big Brake Upgrade, digital dash, Custom ignition Switch system, sequential tail lights, Teflon Fuel lines, LED interior lights, rear end rebuild with limited slip.
    Future upgrades: 5.0 swap, 4r70w swap, aluminum driveshaft.
    sigpic

Comment

Coming along nicely.

No safety inspection or anything here in Illinois. Chicagoland and Metro East St. Louis do have to do emissions testing for 96+. 100 bucks a year for plates though.

George
      1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

Comment

Just paid $120.60 for the 96 CV. $103.92 for the 90 CV. Just $35 is the actual registration fee per vehicle. The rest is tax. Half of that goes to the town. Yearly inspection is $12.50 unless I run antique plates.
        The new Subaru is about $750 reg. and tax.

Comment

Yikes!
          1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

Comment

wow... Texas registration for my cars is about $75 each. $10 is registration, the rest is admin fees (~$5 IIRC) and road/bridge tax.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              Not all states have the state-provided inspection stations. Of course not all states cost $78 a year to register a car either. Trust me, its not free here. Also considering I pay three registrations a year and only one of them gets inspected, they're getting unfair use out of me.
              To clarify I was talking about NJ. Since Packman is in NJ. And if you go to a private facility, you will pay additional money to have your car inspected.

Comment

VA is ~$40/year for tags and $16 for the inspection.

Tax billed separately. Most of my crap is old as dirt and worthless to the state so they don't tax it. Another benefit of owning an old car.
                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                  To clarify I was talking about NJ. Since Packman is in NJ. And if you go to a private facility, you will pay additional money to have your car inspected.
                  yeah F that noise. I pay enough for my registrations, not going to pay additional for private inspection when I don't absolutely have to.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                    Not all states have the state-provided inspection stations. Of course not all states cost $78 a year to register a car either. Trust me, its not free here. Also considering I pay three registrations a year and only one of them gets inspected, they're getting unfair use out of me.
                    $78 a year?
                    Holy shit. I pay $180 a year...X2 of course!
                    15% sales tax. On insurance too now no less. My insurance bill is over $300 a month for two vehicles and my house.
                    Gas is always more than $1.20/litre...do the math for price per gallon.
                    At least I don't have to deal with inspections, other than at transfer of ownership. Always an upside I guess.
                    Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
                    Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

We only pay sales tax when you buy the car, hence the name of the tax. Its 7% currently. Insurance for basic coverage for my 3 is something like $160 a month.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Comment

You know what would help to make the aero more aero?

Fender skirts.

Just sayin'.

sigpic
                        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

I have to pay a stupid amount of taxes for my car redgistration is only $33.00 so I had to pay a grand total of $88.00 and the rest is in fees and stupid taxes rediculous.

Comment

What's a vehicle inspection?
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^It's when your buddies hang out in your driveway and tell you that their POJ can beat your POJ any day of the week. A copious amount of beer is consumed; followed by more bench racing; followed by more beer consumption; somewhere in there the wife and/or GF asks you to put the bag of trash out on the curb; more beer; then you forget what was being discussed^^^^^^^^^

That's how inspections are supposed to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
                                You know what would help to make the aero driver more aero?

a skirt.

Just sayin'.

Ryan in a skirt?

You missed last SF didn't you?

Good to see you back Scott.

What's up w/the Merc?
                                Last edited by mitymerc; 04-21-2017, 06:02 PM. Reason: speeling

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Working...
                                X