The 97 CV "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meh.

Did the initial oil change on it. I should have done it sooner. But it doesn't look too bad. A little bit of shiny, but everything should be about done working itself in.
    I also changed the fuel filter. I thought I had done it last year when I put it on the road, but as it turns out, I did not. After further inspection, I think it may be, uh......original. I had a difficult time trying to get the lines off. This should not be a 45 minute job. Anyways, one of the plastic cups and O-rings came off stuck on the filter. It's supposed to be in the end of the fuel line. So I had some fun trying to get it off the filter, and then back into the line on the car.
    But, it is done, and more importantly, not leaking.
    I'm gonna try and install my Tank horns on it this week. That would make me feel better about it. I'll do a before and after video, because the stock horn is absolutely pathetic.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Tank horns???

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

The original horns from TOJ I and TOJ II. Together. They're loud and obnoxious.
        I just keep adding them.

-ryan s.
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

beep beep motherf....

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Threw some Wagner ThermoQuiet ceramic brake pads on the front since they were almost worn out.
            Car stops like a boss now. No ABS makes it even more fun. I can't get the tires to squeal; it just stops fast. I like.
            I also took the jack out of the trunk, along with the spare tire cover. Ended up removing 9.2 lbs of weight from the car, theoretically, putting it at 3651 lbs.

-ryan s.
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
              Threw some Wagner ThermoQuiet ceramic brake pads on the front since they were almost worn out.
              Car stops like a boss now. No ABS makes it even more fun. I can't get the tires to squeal; it just stops fast. I like.
              I also took the jack out of the trunk, along with the spare tire cover. Ended up removing 9.2 lbs of weight from the car, theoretically, putting it at 3651 lbs.

-ryan s.
              Thermoquiets ftw. I put them on my 98. No fuss, just stops. I've never actually gotten the abs to kick in.

Comment

So you guys have noticed a difference between those and regular old semi metallic? Is it just the thermoquiets or you think its ceramic in general?
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Yes.
                  I originally had a pair in TOJ2, and I thought it was going to flip over when I stabbed the brakes. I'm sure I probably got the front end to hit the ground braking during one ScottFest.
                  That, and I got 75,000 miles out of them, and they still had 1/4 or so pad left.
                  Ceramics are worth it.

-ryan s.
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

I like Centric Extended Wear pads. They offer less grabiness, a relatively flat response curve when cold or hot and extended wear.
                    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Hmm. I think I put the Wagner ones on the truck. I prefer ceramic due to the low dust but good to know they last a while and bite better. Brakes in the truck were shot when I did them so anything was better than they were.
                      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I bought a set of ThermoQuiet pads for the Towncar. Like 2 years ago. Still haven't changed the brakes on that thing. Its had the same Performance Friction pads on it for like 10 years now. Not worn out last I checked but the anti-rattle clips keep getting loose and dragging on the rotor. The TQ's were on clearance for $cheap a while ago, so I bought them with the intention of just swapping pads next time I had the wheels off the car. Again, 2+ years ago.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

You still want those nice headlights from my 92? It's gonna meet it's demise at the fair this year.
                          Hell the whole interior is mint and just gonna end up in a dumpster....
                          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                            You still want those nice headlights from my 92? It's gonna meet it's demise at the fair this year.
                            Hell the whole interior is mint and just gonna end up in a dumpster....
                            Yes.
                            Yes.
                            Yes, please.

Thanks.
                            Busy this weekend?

-ryan s.
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Wrapped up the gauge install last night.
                              I have a tach, vacuum, and voltmeter. I hate the dummy one that's on the dash.
                              I also put an switch above the radio that can turn off illumination to the gauges, because they can be very bright at night, and sometimes, I need to turn them off.

Sway bar endlinks tonight, and then I'm driving it to Indiana for work for the next 10 days. I'm really gonna see what mileage it'll be pulling.

-ryan s.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

I like!
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X