No announcement yet.

The 97 CV "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The old air bags and shocks have been removed. Awaiting arrival of the bags today.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Well, the Tank is:
      -insured
      -registered
      -plated
      -on the road

It goes quite well. I'm impressed. I also forgot what is was like sitting so low to the ground.
      Time to put some miles on it!!
      vroom vroom.

-ryan s.
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

So it was the old bag?
          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Yes. The left bag was crap. Now it all works as advertised.
            Looking to put a ton of miles on it this week.
            I'm picking up wipers at lunch. It poured on the way into work and that's when I found out how ill-equipped I was.
            Everything else is good, so far. I don't think I'll have enough time to put the Trac-Lok in by Friday. That, and they're calling for snow in the afternoon. I don't know how well I'll do at Auto-X in the snow.

-ryan s.
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

It would be fun to watch!

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

I guess it was a sport with open rear. I know they came both ways. I believe in 93 it was part of the package my knowledge of that car is beginning to fade.
                03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Well the Tank has a Trac-Lok now. Yes. Going to test it later tonight.
                  But first the Marauder has to come in the garage.
                  Then it's time to get it ready for tomorrow!!

-ryan s.
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

I've put over 1400 miles on it in 6 days. It's doing well.

Went to the Green Grand Prix at Watkins Glen. Picked up some hardware. 1st overall in the V8 Gas Modded class with 24.3 mpg. And did okay doing auto cross for the first time. And it was snowing the whole time and the track was wet. It was an absolute blast. I'm looking forward to a better performance next year.

Put the Tank though NYS inspection.

You know, sometimes, it's just easier giving them the $21 and letting them do all the troubleshooting for you.
                    Overall: Fail
                    Safety: Fail
                    Emissions: Fail

1. Parking Brake failed
                    2. LF out tie rod shot
                    3. 1 bulb in the 3rd brake light is out

4. Check engine light bulb burnt out, resulting in:

-P0174: System too lean, Bank1
                    -P0303: #3 cylinder misfire
                    -P0420: Bank 1 catalyst system efficiency below threshold

New inner and outer tie rods, along with sleeves, and new parking brake shoes: $43. Rockauto.

Sweet.

-ryan s.
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                      Put the Tank though NYS inspection.

You know, sometimes, it's just easier giving them the $21 and letting them do all the troubleshooting for you.
                      Overall: Fail
                      Safety: Fail
                      Emissions: Fail

1. Parking Brake failed
                      2. LF out tie rod shot
                      3. 1 bulb in the 3rd brake light is out

4. Check engine light bulb burnt out, resulting in:

-P0174: System too lean, Bank1
                      -P0303: #3 cylinder misfire
                      -P0420: Bank 1 catalyst system efficiency below threshold

New inner and outer tie rods, along with sleeves, and new parking brake shoes: $43. Rockauto.

Sweet.

-ryan s.
                      Been going through private inspection for years for that very reason.

Otherwise, I love this project!

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                        Been going through private inspection for years for that very reason.
                        I would never pay for a state inspection. State does it for free. They never really checked anything anyway. Gas cap, and tailpipe emissions (now they don't even look at anything prior to 96). There's a way around everything, including that check engine light. Which even those 'repairs' are cheaper than paying a private inspection facility to 'inspect' the car.

Comment

NY inspection minimum is $21, no matter where you go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

That is upstate. Downstate it is more ($37)? as they hook the state computer to the car to read emissions status. There are no state run safety/emission inspection stations they are all private shops acting as agents for NYS.
                            02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Not all states have the state-provided inspection stations. Of course not all states cost $78 a year to register a car either. Trust me, its not free here. Also considering I pay three registrations a year and only one of them gets inspected, they're getting unfair use out of me.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post

Went to the Green Grand Prix at Watkins Glen. Picked up some hardware. 1st overall in the V8 Gas Modded class with 24.3 mpg.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Working...
                                X