Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 97 CV "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3)

Well Well Well.....
    Introducing, thee Tank of Justice III!!!!!!
    Bought on Sunday, November 20th, this is the deal. Only $400. Boom.
    It's a 1997 Crown Victoria P73 HPP. Yes, you heard correct. Base model, and HPP shit. Only weighes 3617 lbs. Efficiency, here we come!
    It has 165,970 miles on it, practically rust-free and from Arizona. It has a slight rod knock now. Video to follow, lol.
    Color is silver with stupid tan/beige blah interior. I don't care about the interior. I'm more concerned with the mint underside.
    Now, for the pictures.

So, mods have already happened.
    The interior lightning was swapped over to LEDs about 5 minutes after Zach left.
    The motor is already out of TOJ2. Now I need to pull the motor from TOJ3 and swap in the grabber green, all aluminum, PI motor from TOJ2.
    Also, it needs other Tank upgrades such as;
    - Horns
    - More LEDs
    - More grabber green things

It will be rust-proofed to the best of my ability. I'll be coating the insides and outsides of the frame and probably POR15-ing the whole bottom of the car.
    This thing will last.
    Lots of things to come.

It should be going into the garage tomorrow night. I need sleep tonight; It's been a long week already.
    So there will be many posts soon. HI-O!!!!!!

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

And to think, I originally bought that to demo...
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I think Ryan likes modulars with sloppy rods.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Most irrelevant thing I can note about it is that the wiper arms are on the wrong sides. Driver's arm is on the passenger side and vice versa.

Otherwise, it's a rather nice looking HPP! With TOJ2s motor going in, it should be a rather nice and quick machine.

Air ride just sounds so nice to have, I'd love to swap a air setup into my '97 if I ever found a complete system at the junkyard that wasn't butchered by someone else tearing apart a rear end.

My Cars:
        -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
        -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
        -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
        -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

That's cleaner than my 93.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
            That's cleaner than my 93.
            The body on it is stupid clean, thats why I'm glad it went to someone who will fix it up.
            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Nice, nice, I greatly approve of all of this Also 3600 lbs is quite impressive for something that large in dimensions. I think that's about where an old RCSB truck of mine scaled at, that thing moved quite good and its engine was nothing special, so with your fancy Texid thing you should be quite well off as well in both power and economy.
              The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
              The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

That car looks tits and should be a bunch of fun with a good motor in it. Ya know, except without torque...

Comment

Very clean looking car. And that's a very nice truck you have there.
                  —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                  1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                  1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                  1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Yay for stupid tan/beige blah interiors. My favorite!
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                      That car looks tits and should be a bunch of fun with a good motor in it. Ya know, except without torque...
                      You say that, but my 93 with a pi swap has more torque than my lopo box. And I'm not just talking peaks. Off the line, the box can maybe pull a fender for 30 feet, but that's it. It pulls my trailer hella better than the box, especially on the highway at 2K RPM. The main advantage the box has is the wide range gears. That's the only reason it pulls on the swapped 93 that still has straight gears. Both have 3.55 rears too and stock size tires. So they're basically the same off the line and the 93 just pulls on the box like a train after about 3500 rpm.

Now if you got a good hopped up explorer swap in a box... that'll be a good tight race.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

P73 HPP cars are very few in number. I recall seeing an ad for only 1 in a lot of years of quite constant browsing the internet for the whole country....and the owner wasn't even aware of what he had. I think that one was somewhere in the 98-00 year range, IIRC.

I will definitely be avidly following this story!
                        David
                        1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX
                        14 previous Panthers, gone but not forgotten....

Comment

Started tearing into this thing last night. Man, everything just comes apart like it's supposed to (or at least like it does on TV, lol).
                          The front bumper cover is off. About to remove the front bumper and start tearing the engine out. That will be the task from now until Sunday; remove the drivetrain.

-ryan s.
                          08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                          94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                          73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                          12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                          Originally posted by pantera77
                          Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

weeee... too much fun

Comment

No rust to sweep up after tearing that car apart.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X