No announcement yet.

The 97 CV "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't do vac gauges on a diesel, but I do have a tripminder that gives instant fuel econ based on the lift sensor in one of the injectors. Its surprisingly accurate too. 3.73 gears in that car too. Something taller would help on the highway but it would completely kill the acceleration from stop, especially in that period before the turbo spools up.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Small nitrous hit to spool it up?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

I track my fuel efficiency through EcoModder.com; a forum specifically for hypermiling and getting great efficiency. If anyone is intereseted, here's my log. Lots of good data, which all depends on the integrity of the data. So as long as I keep feeding it actual information, I can reap the benefits.
        Here:

https://www.ecomodder.com/forum/em-f...vehicleid=9857

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

The thermostat on the Tank decided to stick closed on the Thursday, essentially the coldest day of the year. I was driving to work, and I usually wait until the temp needle moves before I put the heat on.
          Its started to move, so I turned the heat on.
          Waiting.
          Waiting.
          Its cold.
          Needle is in the middle.
          Ita cold.
          Starts going high on the scale.
          Its cold.
          Engine is almost overheating.
          It's still cold.
          Fuck.

Now its -23° out, and I have to sit in my car and wait for the engine to cool down.
          I made it another mile before I had to pull over again.
          I'm cold, so it's time to get home. Had about 5 miles to go. I fired the car up, ran it up to 70, put it in neutral and cut the engine. Coasted down to 20, fired it back up, ran back up to 70, rinse, repeat.

Anyways, I took the Navigator to the parts store, and got parts, and fixed it in my driveway. That. Sucked.

And then Friday morning, I go to start the Tank.
          Nope.
          I figured I'd jump it with the truck.
          Nope.

2 vehicles, 2 dead batteries.

I quick charged one on my battery charger, and took the other one out for trickle charging.

Anyways, I'm glad its finally above 0 for the first time since Tuesday.

-ryan s.
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

that doesn't make sense. The heater core is not plumbed after the thermostat. Its a very old trick to turn the heat on when the engine begins to overheat since you're basically adding a small radiator to the cooling system by turning on the blower. Sure it didn't freeze or run low on green juice? Failed water pump that stopped moving coolant would do about the same thing.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I swapped in a new thermostat and it has heat now.
              I'm happy with that, lol.

-ryan s.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

My only theory is that there wasn't much flow to the heater. If the t-stat was stuck full open, this might make sense, but you would think you would get at least a little warm air. Makes me wonder if the blend door was frozen stuck and by the time you fixed it, it had melted free.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Shit man I may have some 2.73’s for you if the shop doesn’t throw them out. Curious how the beast would do with fuel economy that way
                  2010 Mercury Grand Marquis LS “The Douche” - 70mm throttle body, P71 airbox, 21mm rear sway bay, dual exhaust, Dodge rims, 89K and counting. 4/2018-
                  1966 Ford Thunderbird (390FE) “Fordy McFordface” - engine rebuild No. 3. 11/2016-
                  RIP 2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS “Jumba” - gone too soon, 229K. 6/2017-2/2018
                  RIP 2001 Chevrolet Tracker LT “Featherbrick” - gone too late, 156K POS. 6/2016-9/2016.
                  Sold 2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - 198K. 6/2016-4/2018

Comment

I think he has some... just hasn't put them in yet. At least he turned down a set from me since if he doesn't have any, he can just go to the local yards and pull some.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

I might take you up on that Sly.
                      Upon further review, mine look like crap.
                      That, and I really don't want to go pull gears out of a car, lol.

-ryan s.
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

My truck did that too, like the thermostat stuck shut. I had heat on the 2nd coldest day but no heat on the coldest day. Thing overheated though until the thermostat opened or whatever. Was new 1.5 years ago. WHat gives?
                        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Too late. I already scrapped mine.

Comment

I have to bring the Tank in the garage and give it the post-winter look over.

I need to get the Tank to inspection by the end of the month. Probably next week. And reregister it.

The Green Grand Prix (GGP) is coming up in just over 3 weeks. Time to grab some more hardware. I should honestly beat my 24.3 mpg from last time. Easily.

Yup. That's it.

-ryan s.
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Must be a hoot to bring a huge ugly car to the GGP

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Yes.
                                Especially since there's an entire class of Prius, Pruises, Prii... that show up; amongst other hybrids.
                                Or listening to them try and do the AutoX, and my boat is out there, rockin' and rollin', tires SCREAMING, engine roaring. Like, they don't even stage the car before launch. WTF.
                                Hopefully, I'll have video this time.

-ryan s.
                                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Working...
                                X