Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't make the GGP this year.

Oh well.

I put new front pads and a rotor on the left front since I smoked off all the pad hot dogging it to work last week......
    It stops without any bad noise.

Broke 190k. Getting there. Should definitely be over 200 by the end of the year. Or in another 6 months...

Might have a lead on a 5-Speed for cheap....

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Sorry you missed it.
      A T-5 is less parasitic. I don't know if TKOs are as they have heavier parts...

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

As it turns out, he's going to keep it. It's a T-5, and he was a 302, so meh.

-ryan s.
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Nothing really to report. I keep putting gas in it and it keeps going well.
          Going to need tires shortly. I'm undecided. Do I retread the HPPs? Or do I use the 17" Mustang GT wheels? I like both. The difference in cost is minimal. They also weigh the same. However, the Mustang wheels are wider (245 vs 225) so they would not be as efficient as the HPPs.
          I guess I should take some pics and do a comparision.

Currently at 405 miles on 3/4 tank of gas. Not too bad.

-ryan s.
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Are you going for performance rubber or high efficiency rubber or?
            03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
            02 SL500 Silver Arrow
            08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
            12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

I'm not sure.
              I really like the look of the Mustang wheels. I don't the look of the HPPs, but I think the Mustang wheels look better, especially since it's lowered.
              I'm kinda stuck. It is an efficiency build, so I should do the HPPs. But then I'm not the biggest fan of HPPs...

-ryan s.
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Mustang wheels!
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

UPDATE:

- Losing coolant. No external leaks. Starting to overheat on long streches of higher-rpm induced roads. This is simple as going over a big bridge. Or the Niagara Escarpement, which is only 200-300 ft. Hypermiling has helped to reduce this, but I was maintaining 70 mph on the highway last night and it started getting quite toasty
                  - Oil pressure sucks at idle. The needle is bouncing around, off the bottom...and may have even stopped moving at times. Also has 5 quarts of oil in it...... Oil pressure needle also bounces on decel starting from 30mph down.......now includes blue smoke puffs on accel, after sitting at a light or stop sign......

I have concluded that my WAP PI 4.6 experiment has ended. UNFORTUNATELY, I still have to daily it because the air compressor DIED in the Navigator. I'm just waiting for that to show up; should be here today.
                  Don't worry, when I get the new motor for this, (03 CVPI 73k) I will blow some heaters out front until this pile lets go.

I mean, I could put the easy quick replacement in........
                  or 3.5L ecoBoost it...

Probably going for the first option.
                  For now...

-ryan s.
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Once the compressor is back online in the Navi... time for TOJ3 to being driven like you stole it...
                    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

thinking head gasket? Running hot will thin the oil out too much so that could be the real issue there.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Actually, the oil pressure issue started first.
                        Which makes it a bit fucky...

-ryan s.
                        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

coolant in the oil? water fucks bearings fast and hard. No lube either.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Kinda.
                            but either way, the "new" 4.6 is coming over the next week or so. Gotta have the reliable beater be reliale. And I want to get the Marauder legal first. So, yeah.
                            Just gonna slam the new motor in and go.
                            Oh, and get some new rubber for it too.

-ryan s.
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

4.6 motor swap soon. Hopefully done by the end of the month.
                              meh.

-ryan s.
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Yup.
                                Still putting the 4.6L in. Should be done by the end of the month. Gotta order a few things on Wednesday.
                                Removed the entire A/C system yesterday, in one shot.
                                Good for 41.6 lbs gone. Gotta make up for the damn block swap, lol.

Getting to 200 lbs gone is gonna be a little tougher now, but not impossible.

FYI HPPs and my my 17" Mustang wheels weigh exactly the same.

-ryan s.
                                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Working...
                                X