No announcement yet.

The 97 CV "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would be funny to enter my Conti in such a thing. Would be interesting to see what it does for fuel efficiency on an oval track. It would also be hilarious to AutoX. The car actually handles fairly well but the turbo lag and complete lack of torque and acceleration would make it laughable.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I have read through most of this thread and love it!... Now that I'm older, I appreciate good mpg more than anything.

Comment

Eh, I appreciate it only as an indicator to tell me how well my engine is running. Since I've got the car guy hobby within, I drive what puts a grin on my face. Short of daily driving something that gets single digit MPG, by not having a car payment at all I spend less on gas than many people do for just their payments & associated insurance.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Since the Megamerc lost OD, and has 4:10s I don't worry about mpg LOL.

I am compensated by the mile in the 'Scape so that one is of more interest.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
            Eh, I appreciate it only as an indicator to tell me how well my engine is running. Since I've got the car guy hobby within, I drive what puts a grin on my face. Short of daily driving something that gets single digit MPG, by not having a car payment at all I spend less on gas than many people do for just their payments & associated insurance.
            Yep. Great indicator of how things are running. I don't really care what the number is, I just track my mileage as a measure of how things are doing. I've always done that. My Town Car would routinely average 19mpg in my suburban commute to/from work, when it deviated from that I knew something was up. Townie has also cracked 30mpg a few times. The '98 has never been right using that metric, and its confirmed by it still feeling a bit "off", can't put my finger on it, but it runs fine but isn't right compared to my '96 or '97. It has 3.27 vs. 3.08 for the Townie, so I figured it'd get around 1mpg worse if anything. Nope, it gets a solid 16 mpg on a good week, and I've never seen better than 22 out of it on the freeway. When the ToJ3 is getting double my mileage with the same 3.27s, yeah, my shit ain't right.
            -Steve

2006 Audi A6 S-Line FWD ~132k miles, stock.
            1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~102k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
            1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel, rustbelt diet plan..
            1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

Comment

I'll be taking the rear seats out of it too; just for the "race". And try and drop a little more weight if I can. I don't think I'll get my exhaust re-routed before then. Oh well.
              But hey, I can have fun with an "economy project". I do have two other turds to address anyways. And looking at a promotion at work. It will help getting my POS Marauder up and running, for certain.

-ryan s.
              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
              Originally posted by pantera77
              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

fixing the Marauder helps with the promotion, or promotion helps with the Marauder?
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I figure the latter as my paying off my student loans this year will help immensely with ability to road trip.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Promotion helps with getting the Marauder on the road. And stuff.

-ryan s.
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Henry helped me put a new tensioner and belt in. He loves fixing cars, lol.
                      Gotta run it through inspection this week and then registration. Then I'll be set.
                      Just knocked out 413 miles on a tank. Finally back over 400 miles; overall average is 410.5 miles per tank. Not too shabby. I still need to put 2.73s in this thing.

-ryan s.
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

looking at this thread... TOJ is absolutely beautiful, wish my 97 was that clean!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Ray

1997 Crown Victoria LX "Crown Shit"/"Crown Marquis" SENT TOI SCRAP
                        1986 Ford Mustang Notchback

Comment

Not bad.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk
                          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

finally got around to reading through everything, you're making me want to keep my Crown Shit for a little longer once i finally get my brakes sorted out. 400+ miles on one tank of gas sounds like a luxury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Ray

1997 Crown Victoria LX "Crown Shit"/"Crown Marquis" SENT TOI SCRAP
                            1986 Ford Mustang Notchback

Comment

400+ is about average for me. My average tank is 410 miles. This current one is looking like 425+.

There's still much room for improvement.

I have those silly Mustang wheels that I love. They are the same weight as the HPPs. I might use the Mustang wheels for the summer, and then put winter tires on my steelies, and sell the HPPs. Still unsure, because the Mustag wheels are wider (245 vs 225) and have a larger frontal contact patch for the air, making them less effiecient. But I really like the way they look. and the rotational weight is the same. The HPPs still look good and ride well, but I always haven't been a fan of them. Maybe I'll bring them to ScottFest to sell. Who knows. I know I don't want to use the HPPs as winter tires. That's not right.

Still has a decent oil leak. Right rear window cable broke. Left Front speaker doesn't work. There's a few things I need to kinda clean up on it.

-ryan s.
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                                400+ is about average for me. My average tank is 410 miles. This current one is looking like 425+.

There's still much room for improvement.

I have those silly Mustang wheels that I love. They are the same weight as the HPPs. I might use the Mustang wheels for the summer, and then put winter tires on my steelies, and sell the HPPs. Still unsure, because the Mustag wheels are wider (245 vs 225) and have a larger frontal contact patch for the air, making them less effiecient. But I really like the way they look. and the rotational weight is the same. The HPPs still look good and ride well, but I always haven't been a fan of them. Maybe I'll bring them to ScottFest to sell. Who knows. I know I don't want to use the HPPs as winter tires. That's not right.

Still has a decent oil leak. Right rear window cable broke. Left Front speaker doesn't work. There's a few things I need to kinda clean up on it.

-ryan s.

You could put the 225's on the Mustang wheels...

How was the GGP?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Working...
                                X