• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purple Power and a tooth brush.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Why yes, Donatello was also my favorite.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I have a 5 gallon jug of the super concentrate Zep purple that I bought when I was rebuilding my lathe. Still have most of it, and even mixed 5:1 its pretty effective stuff. Most of that stuff is all just sodium hydroxide based, which will eat aluminum if left long enough. Spray Nine is a good one if you need a bad-ass degreaser that won't eat aluminum.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          Spray Nine is a good one if you need a bad-ass degreaser that won't eat aluminum.
          Good info. Gotta remember this one. Could allow me to be less cautious next time I am cleaning things....
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Indeed. Stored in my memory.
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Spray nine is the shit. Best degreaser I’ve ever used.
              2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
              2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
              Past Panthers
              1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
              if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Did your air suspension light come on with the faulty vent solenoid on the compressor?
                1997 Grand Marquis LS HPP
                2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

- Richard

Comment

Yes.
                  The compressor kept running, but the vent solenoid was open, venting air out of the system. So the compressor will only run so long before the height sensor realizes that the suspension isn't rising. Then, it'll turn off the compressor and turn the trouble light on.

-ryan s.
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                  97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                    Yes.
                    The compressor kept running, but the vent solenoid was open, venting air out of the system. So the compressor will only run so long before the height sensor realizes that the suspension isn't rising. Then, it'll turn off the compressor and turn the trouble light on.

-ryan s.
                    I reinstalled the air suspension on my 97 cause the cargo coils that were in rode like total garbage. Was gonna get some CV/GM coils but then I saw new air springs/solenoids for $97 and decided to put the air stuff back in and replace the dead air comp with a JY one. But when installed everything the car raised up but then stayed there and wouldn't vent and the CAS message came up. Decided to take another trip to the JY and get spares of everything and when I got home I swapped the EVO/RAS module and boom it working like it supposed too.
                    1997 Grand Marquis LS HPP
                    2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

- Richard

Comment

Car is running ok. I need to fix the shifter cable. Or at least the mounting point on the steering column. I lost the ability to shift it into park over the weekend, so the parking brake is getting a workout. Everything still works, just the range of the shifter has, um, "shifted" to the left a bit more, lol.
                      Looking at getting winter tires soon from Zach. Maybe even center caps too.

-ryan s.
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

see if the bolts under the column got loose. If they do the shifter gets stupid, and if you ignore it long enough the shift tube breaks.
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Noted.
                          Thank you.
                          I'll definitely be doing that tonight.

-ryan s.
                          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Ryan, Do you have loose nuts?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

the nuts get loose and then the shaft is all floppy. Its a terrible situation.

Comment

^^I had one of the bolts that hold the shift cable lever onto the end of the shift tube literally fall out on me. When I got the '98 the shifter was hella sloppy, put new shift tube bushings in it and it was no longer all floppy but didn't seem accurate if that makes sense. Then one day leaving work, I go to put it in gear and...nothing happens, its in neutral. So I slam it all the way gown into 2, which was apparently drive and set off, and as soon as I hit the brakes something hit my foot. Recognized that stupid torx head bolt right away as one of the bolts holding the shift tube bushings in place. Next morning I drop the column and expected those to be loose and 1 missing, but they were all there and tight (I always blue loc-tite them), WTF. Then I notice WAY down at the end of the column that lever attaching the shift cable didn't look right. Inspection mirror revealed there is supposed to be 2 bolts there and one was missing, sure enough that was the problem, and the other one was loose as well. Both bolts were reinstalled with blue loc-tite and the shifter FINALLY felt proper and like it was positively latching into gear(s). Had it all fixed in under an hour cuz I've apparently gotten pretty good at dropping Panther columns over the years.
                                -Steve

2006 Audi A6 S-Line FWD ~132k miles, stock.
                                1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~102k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
                                1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel, rustbelt diet plan..
                                1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

Comment

Working...
                                X