No announcement yet.

The 97 CV "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harness is just about together. I just have to solder a connector on the LH side. I did the right side last night, just got tired.

I'm hoping to have it installed tonight, throw the starter in, and see if it works, doesn't work, or starts on fire.
    Those are pretty much the only outcomes that are possible right now.

Maybe drive it tomorrow? Yikes!

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Harness is installed in the car.
      Need to install the connectors in the car and the starter and see what happens.
      Someday....

-ryan s.
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

It runs and runs well.
        I kinda forgot one thing though. The 97 has 2 coolant temp sensors. The 03 has one. I never swapped over the intake manifolds, nor did I even bother to look at them. So now I either rip the manifold out and swap the crossovers, or tap in a new sensor.
        Yuck.

-ryan s.
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

tappy tap tap.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

That was a very nice low mileage engine, out of one of the more popular cars on CVN lol.
            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

drill and tap is your friend.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I don't think drilling and tapping that would be nearly as bad as dealing with a spark plug hole. With the coolant drained low enough, I would think you could use WD-40 as a cutting fluid (whether you are using a cheap drill and tap or not, since you're going into aluminum) without too much concern that a vacuum cleaner won't pick up all the chips (with at least one coolant hose disconnected). I suppose you could even use a flashlight and cotton swab (possibly with a magnifier) to get any chips that are stubbornly stuck to the inside of the crossover.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
                mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

all you need is an aluminum magnet. It'll pick the chips up no problem.
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

AL magnets are awfully expensive, maybe you can rent one...

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Our fabrication shop primarily works with aluminum. I bring that point up all the time. Nobody listens to me.
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

You can fit a rag in underneath the spot in the crossover. It hasn't been topped off with coolant yet, so there a win.
                        Picked up a cheap tap set today. I NEEEEEED to finish this paper by Monday though, so it's got most of my attention now. I really shouldn't have been working on the car. I just wanted to know if it would run well or not. Now I have my answer.

-ryan s.
                        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Cheap taps are really f'n expensive when they break. Pipe taps are tapered, not somewhere you want to have one bust. On the bright side its a fairly large tap, so less likely to be a problem. Never buy a cheap #6-32. Its the most miserable tap in the world anyway, and shitty ones will ruin your day.

Comment

When i worked at a bike shop we'd put grease on the tap to keep shreds out of the engine.
                            Never heard of an aluminum magnet, will have to look that up. always learning something here
                            96 MGM
                            sigpic
                            Cruisin up and down the road...

Comment

Oh, it's a pipe tap. 3/8 -18 NPT. My rag fits amazingly well in the crossover. I've been vacuuming after every drill bit I use. I started at 5/16, and worked up to 3/8, however, i need a 9/16 for the tap. and I ain't got one. Yet.
                              It can wait.

-ryan s.
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Harbor Freight has a Silver and Deming drill bit set that gets you from 9/16 to 1" by 1/16". They're not amazing but they do work. Might have to re-sharpen them, my 3/4 bit was ground shitty from the factory and would not cut. 30 seconds on the bench grinder and its fine. S&D bits all have a 1/2" shank so human size drills can spin them. I know I got mine for a lot less than the 40 bcks they list for now. prob can catch it on sale at some point. Its not a tool I use often but once in a while you need a big drill bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X