The 97 CV "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carry on.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Hpps are 16" for anyone wondering.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Motor is all ready. Had to have the studs removed from the old manifolds. Yuck. New valve cover, oil pan and timing chain gaskets, and crank seal. Ready for install now. Maybe sometime this week.

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Combo is in. Everything is taken care of underneath. Just have to order a set of intake manifold gaskets, then carry. It might be running by this weekend. Might.

-ryan s.
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Great!

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

so when are you going to Windsor swap that thing so it runs for more than 6 months between engine failures?
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Probably after I do this 2 more times.

-ryan s.
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Snort
                  03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                  02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                  08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                  12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Got it all kinda in. Forgot small things, like:
                    I kept the 03 timing chain cover. I failed to realize that it does not have the provisions for coil packs on the front, and it takes a different belt then what I have on hand. I'm gonna convert it to COPs, and make the harness for it, since I have that stuff on hand.
                    Also, the 03 intake manifold has one coolant sensor, whereas the 97 has 2. one for the gauge, and one for the fan, I presume.
                    I have to install the RAS pump too. I have it. Just gotta put it in.

Progress.

-ryan s.
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                      I'm gonna convert it to COPs, and make the harness for it, since I have that stuff on hand.

-ryan s.
                      I hope you're swapping the computer as well. Because you can't wire up the COP coils like a waste spark. They just don't work for some reason. Thain went through all that crap with Jason's 93 when we swapped the PI engine in it.

Comment

I actually followed a guide from someone who had done it. Apparently it can work, it just didn't work for me. The modular and I are not fast friends.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Well, I'll let you guys know if it works for me.
                          It's either going to work, or it isn't. BOOM.

I'm making the harness tonight; Inside, next to the fireplace. I already brought a folding table in to work on, lol.

So, tomorrow night might be go time. Or Friday. I'm hoping to at least attempt to drive it this weekend.

-ryan s.
                          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

With the 2 temp sensors, one goes to the cluster other goes to the PCM.
                            1997 Grand Marquis LS HPP
                            2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

- Richard

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                              Well, I'll let you guys know if it works for me.
                              It's either going to work, or it isn't. BOOM.

I'm making the harness tonight; Inside, next to the fireplace. I already brought a folding table in to work on, lol.

So, tomorrow night might be go time. Or Friday. I'm hoping to at least attempt to drive it this weekend.

-ryan s.
                              Maybe the PCM driven EDIS is able to operate both coils? I honestly couldn't tell you why it didn't work.

Comment

Theoretically, it should have worked. I have my theories as to why it didn't, but without the original PCM and wire harness to test, I couldn't tell ya.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                Originally posted by gadget73
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X