PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: The 97 CV "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3)

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

so when are you going to Windsor swap that thing so it runs for more than 6 months between engine failures?

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Vinyl Cheese, Meat Pasty SVT98t's Avatar

Probably after I do this 2 more times.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 183k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 61k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 193k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    Quote Originally Posted by pantera77 View Post
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

I post a lot...

Snort
    "X" car 89 Colony Park LS Mods>Engine delete, SS duals magnaflow hflow cats, 2010 Must GT mufflers, auto air shocks, Posi, Tran cooler, big front brakes, 03+ rear disks, Large 3g alt, Tripminder, GS grill, 86 seats, 16" HPP wheels, winter boots=96 Cartier wheels, 215-65/16 Goodyear ULTRA GW3 snows, pi rear sway, alum driveshaft.
    03 Marauder DBP, HS, 6disk, Organizer, Silver Stars, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector.
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated Cooper Zeon RS3-A, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

Got it all kinda in. Forgot small things, like:
    I kept the 03 timing chain cover. I failed to realize that it does not have the provisions for coil packs on the front, and it takes a different belt then what I have on hand. I'm gonna convert it to COPs, and make the harness for it, since I have that stuff on hand.
    Also, the 03 intake manifold has one coolant sensor, whereas the 97 has 2. one for the gauge, and one for the fan, I presume.
    I have to install the RAS pump too. I have it. Just gotta put it in.

Progress.

-ryan s.
    03 Mercury Marauder- 61k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 193k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Fastest Box In South Jersey 86VickyLX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SVT98t View Post
    I'm gonna convert it to COPs, and make the harness for it, since I have that stuff on hand.

-ryan s.
    I hope you're swapping the computer as well. Because you can't wire up the COP coils like a waste spark. They just don't work for some reason. Thain went through all that crap with Jason's 93 when we swapped the PI engine in it.

I actually followed a guide from someone who had done it. Apparently it can work, it just didn't work for me. The modular and I are not fast friends.

5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Well, I'll let you guys know if it works for me.
    It's either going to work, or it isn't. BOOM.

I'm making the harness tonight; Inside, next to the fireplace. I already brought a folding table in to work on, lol.

So, tomorrow night might be go time. Or Friday. I'm hoping to at least attempt to drive it this weekend.

-ryan s.
    03 Mercury Marauder- 61k

With the 2 temp sensors, one goes to the cluster other goes to the PCM.
    1997 Grand Marquis LS HPP

- Richard

Fastest Box In South Jersey 86VickyLX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SVT98t View Post
    Well, I'll let you guys know if it works for me.
    It's either going to work, or it isn't. BOOM.

I'm making the harness tonight; Inside, next to the fireplace. I already brought a folding table in to work on, lol.

So, tomorrow night might be go time. Or Friday. I'm hoping to at least attempt to drive it this weekend.

-ryan s.
    Maybe the PCM driven EDIS is able to operate both coils? I honestly couldn't tell you why it didn't work.

Theoretically, it should have worked. I have my theories as to why it didn't, but without the original PCM and wire harness to test, I couldn't tell ya.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Harness is just about together. I just have to solder a connector on the LH side. I did the right side last night, just got tired.

I'm hoping to have it installed tonight, throw the starter in, and see if it works, doesn't work, or starts on fire.
    Those are pretty much the only outcomes that are possible right now.

Maybe drive it tomorrow? Yikes!

-ryan s.
    03 Mercury Marauder- 61k

Harness is installed in the car.
    Need to install the connectors in the car and the starter and see what happens.
    Someday....

-ryan s.
    03 Mercury Marauder- 61k

It runs and runs well.
    I kinda forgot one thing though. The 97 has 2 coolant temp sensors. The 03 has one. I never swapped over the intake manifolds, nor did I even bother to look at them. So now I either rip the manifold out and swap the crossovers, or tap in a new sensor.
    Yuck.

-ryan s.
    03 Mercury Marauder- 61k

tappy tap tap.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

That was a very nice low mileage engine, out of one of the more popular cars on CVN lol.

drill and tap is your friend.

No mean-spiritedness here. IPreferDIY's Avatar

I don't think drilling and tapping that would be nearly as bad as dealing with a spark plug hole. With the coolant drained low enough, I would think you could use WD-40 as a cutting fluid (whether you are using a cheap drill and tap or not, since you're going into aluminum) without too much concern that a vacuum cleaner won't pick up all the chips (with at least one coolant hose disconnected). I suppose you could even use a flashlight and cotton swab (possibly with a magnifier) to get any chips that are stubbornly stuck to the inside of the crossover.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
    mods: air filter box "tuba" (in place of the "trumpet"), headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, NKL4 PCM (from a 2000 CVPI, nothing great there apart from highway cruising), KYB Gas-A-Just shocks (after >202,000 km on originals)

all you need is an aluminum magnet. It'll pick the chips up no problem.

AL magnets are awfully expensive, maybe you can rent one...

10 Escape LTD. V6 AWD, K&N, Bullitt wheels.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Our fabrication shop primarily works with aluminum. I bring that point up all the time. Nobody listens to me.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast