No announcement yet.

The 97 CV "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the wiper cowl installed. Forgot to plug in the wiper motor. Removed the wiper cowl to plug in the wiper motor. Forgot to route the wiper juice hoses. Removed the wiper cowl. Ran the pisser hoses. Reinstalled wiper cowl finally. Installed the valance, wipers, and seal.
    Managed to get the bumper cover on, but not bolted on because my boys were being hooligans and we had to go inside.
    I tried to test the wipers, but the battery was about dead and couldn't check anything.
    Waiting until I have to leave the house to make the run for the drill bit. It's not a big priority. It can wait.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Tap worked great. Had to go buy a drill with a 1/2" chuck on it since I didn't have one. No leaks from either sensor. The temp gauge works now. Oil pressure gauge still doesn't work. That's probably because the one from the new motor got smoked. And the one from my motor got smoked as well, lol.
      Speaking of smoked, my hood latch got bent to FUCK. I inadvertently hit it with the engine/trans combo on either removal or installation. I have to take the latch out of the car, disassemble the latch, and put the latch armature in the vise and try and straighten it , without breaking it.
      Test drive went well. Needs a bit more trans fluid, but it does pull quite well.
      A few more things to button up, and then maybe finish installing the window regulator on the right rear; that I started in August?? F, lol.
      It needs tires too. But I'm not really driving anywhere right now. So it's all good.

-ryan s.
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

'bout time it goes under it's own power again
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Good news.
          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Yay.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Cool!

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Going to finish the window regulator tomorrow or this week. It's supposed to rain the next 3 days or so. Seems like the perfect time to get it done, since it is in the garage.
                  Ordered a new oil pressure switch since I hate that the gauge sits at 0. Also ordered a new O2 sensor for bank 2 sensor 1 since it shot out a P0153 and P0155. I'm sure I smoked it while trying to get the exhaust disconnected. No worries. At 193K and 23 years of service, I don't mind changing it; no big deal.
                  It needs new lower ball joints again. Apparently I ripped the boots doing something and they seized. They feel like gabage. I also have a squeak coming from the upper control arm on the passenger side, so I think it's time for ENS upper and lower bushings. I can do one side at a time, at my leisure, and then put tires on it and get it aligned.
                  Also going to get the ENS sway bar bushings. Might as well.

-ryan s.
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

ball joint boots rip too easy. Greasable ones at least you can keep pumping lube in to flush the trash out for a while.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Did ENS sway bar bushings and front brake pads on it, about a year ago. I was trying to rush it together for Watkins Glen, but ended up missing out. I replaced the right front lower control arm anyways. I tried to swap out the lower ball joint and it would not stay seated. I tried a different one, and it just about fell through. I don't need that shit, lol.

I drove it last in December. It's been sitting. I really don't have the time to be playing with it or driving it for that matter. I think it might end up being one of my projects if I retire next year.

Yup.

-ryan s.
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

It's back.

Freshly inspected today and pressed back into service. Navi needs new tires, and it's after Christmas, so I'm broke, lol. A $21 inspection is cheaper than $1,000 tires.
                        I wanted to get this back on the road soon anyways. I'm looking at new jobs, and a new career, which has me possibly commuting 54 miles each way to work. It's all highway too. I mean, 1 traffic light and 3 stop signs over 54 miles kinda highway. Worth it.

So this will get DD'd to hell. If its bad out, I'll drive the Navi. Whatever.
                        Currently at 194k. Needs a front passenger window regulator, Left front speaker, and the blower motor resistor needs looking at (I only have high on the fan).
                        This will see 200k in no time.

-ryan s.
                        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Got to get that speaker fixed.
                          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Great!
                            School done?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                              Great!
                              School done?
                              School is done. Two engineering degrees, now it's time to flex them, lol.

-ryan s.
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

What are your degrees in?
                                What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                                What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Working...
                                X