No announcement yet.

The 97 CV "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The stuff I have is from *cough* work *cough* and is from Loctite. And my goodness is it excellent. It goes on white, turns to purple while drying, and it black when completely dry. It is for stopping rust; rust is the catalyst it needs to work. If there isn't any rust, it stays that purple hue.
    BUT THAT"S OK.
    Because the next coat is Eastwood Rust Encapsulator, which is phenomenal. But I might pick up some POR15 and use that. I'm not sure.
    But I do want to paint over all of it when I'm done. A little extra protection.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

should the uncatalyzed/purple stuff be removed before the next coat?
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

I POR15'd my crossmember and some of the frame when the engine came out. The frame still had the coating/paint on it; so I brushed MetalPrep on it before the POR15. I'll see if it sticks and how long it stays on there.

Comment

I use believe the stuff I use is X-O rust. I brush it on, holds up very well. But on my car it's really just meant to look pretty and stand up to typical road harshness, never salt. She's put away for winters :P

The tank sees all the abuse, It interests me what you plan to do with three vehicles on the road at one time. Smoked tranny rauder, TOJ3, and XLTank.

Someone has too many cars and not enough drivers.

Ya big dumb wiener

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
          The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
          It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
            He does have a son, ya know... Gotta start them up young these days, else they may end up game-addicted couch potatoes.
            The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
            The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Ryan, does this mean we won't be transported in a chauffered Lincoln @ SF this year?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

I doubt he'll give up the comforts of Hotel Navigator that easy...
                The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

XO-Rust is decent, but its basically True Value's brand of Rustoleum. its just oil enamel, though its not as thick as Rustoleum so it goes on nicer.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Here is the result after coating with Eastwood Rust Encapsulator and then coating with Plasti-Dip. It looks fantastic.
                    Here, you be the judge.

-ryan s.
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                      I use believe the stuff I use is X-O rust. I brush it on, holds up very well. But on my car it's really just meant to look pretty and stand up to typical road harshness, never salt. She's put away for winters :P

The tank sees all the abuse, It interests me what you plan to do with three vehicles on the road at one time. Smoked tranny rauder, TOJ3, and XLTank.

Ya big dumb wiener

Don't you have 2 vehicles, buddy? Living at home?
                      Hey, the wife is getting her license, so things are looking up.

-ryan s.
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                        Here is the result after coating with Eastwood Rust Encapsulator and then coating with Plasti-Dip. It looks fantastic.
                        Here, you be the judge.
                        Does look good, yes, but I was under the impression that Plasti-Dip is a kind of temporary coating that's easy to peel off - wouldn't you want something a bit more permanent there?

Comment

Looks awesome!!! And it will pop with that green monster in there; if you're doing oil changes and such.

Don't they Plasti-Dip cars nowadays?

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
                            Does look good, yes, but I was under the impression that Plasti-Dip is a kind of temporary coating that's easy to peel off - wouldn't you want something a bit more permanent there?
                            That's what I've used before. And it's what I had on hand. I mean, I could probably coat the whole thing with some epoxy paint or something.
                            Time will tell.

The combo goes in tonight.

-ryan s.
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

As promised, mangs..

-ryan s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                Originally posted by gadget73
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X