No announcement yet.

The 97 CV "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm headed back to Indy on Monday. Looking to break 567 miles. I'm still on the same tank of gas I came back on last week. 529 miles so far, but I should be empty very soon.
    I also filled in the massive gaps under the directional with black weather stripping; 7/16" tall, 3/4" wide. It looks nice on the driver side, but a little off on the passenger side.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Also filled the gaps in under the turn signals:

This one has a bit more gap. I'll take car of the gap under the head lights once I get the newer ones installed.

Low fuel light kicked on at 488.7 miles. A 3.4 mile improvement.

-ryan s.
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Sweet. You thinking of adding flares to kick wind around the front tires?
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
          Sweet. You thinking of adding flares to kick wind around the front tires?
          Most definitely. There's a lot of frontal area exposed and can be covered and air diverted.

Also:
          578.9 miles on a tank. I think I've reached the mileage limit of 3.27s.

-ryan s.
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Thats sick! Nice mileage.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Don't take it the wrong way, but I find it funny that you're into hypermile stuff given that I've ridden with you before, and your driving style, especially in the Nagivator, was not exactly conducive to fuel economy.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                Don't take it the wrong way, but I find it funny that you're into hypermile stuff given that I've ridden with you before, and your driving style, especially in the Nagivator, was not exactly conducive to fuel economy.
                My wife says the same thing, lol.

I like most all aspects of being a car enthusiast. Except those stanced and donk rides. Those all suck.
                It doesn't take too much skill to slap a few parts on from the Summit catalog and go fast.
                It does take a little skill to squeeze out the best efficiency of your vehicle. I like it; it's a challenge.
                And the Navigator is severely fuel deficient, lol. Especially with like 7 dudes in it, going through the PA hills.

-ryan s.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

I didn't calculate it, but the Escape reported 21.2 mpg round trip to Indy this week.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Ah hell, I hate that stance/donk shit with a burning passion. Let's spend money to make our cars hazardous and shitty. Nothing makes a car look like a hooptie than the appearance of bad ball joints and unevenly worn tires.
                    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Well, hopefully I can start working on the back end of this thing in the next week or two.
                      I have another project that is taking my time for now.

-ryan s.
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Does the a/c work?
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Yes it does.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk
                          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Tank is still doing Tank things.
                            Dropped a right front tire in mid-August.
                            Everything is still working well. Knocking out between 23-25mpg average per tank now. It should only go up now that school has started; longer distnace but ALL highway = better mpg.

Yup.

-ryan s.
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Air ride decided to take a shit.
                              I put new bags in it last year and it was good.
                              Compressor kicks on, but the back isn't going up. I'm thinking there's a leak in the lines somewhere.
                              Any input?

-ryan s.
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Not sure if it's the kind of input you're contemplating, but what came to my mind was spraying soapy water at the hose connections.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
                                mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Working...
                                X