No announcement yet.

The 97 CV "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on POTM!!! Hope you have some vids of that beast on the track?!?

Comment

Thank you!!
      No video though. Couldn't really go too fast.......it was an efficiency challenge, limited to 60mph. It was also snowing out.

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

No vids from the autocross?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Pretty sure this is the first time I've seen Marauder wheels on an aero Panther. Looks quite nice I think
          The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
          The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Well, I might be able to get it in the garage tonight. At least I can finish up a few things, like the right side tie rods. I also need to fix the parking brake cable. And install the fixed LCM.
            Maybe I can get it back on the road soon...

-ryan s.
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

The LCM is toast. I installed it and the head lights now stay on, regardless of the switch position. So I need a new one.
              Still have to do the right front tie rods. Maybe tonight...
              I noticed some bad clacking from my passenger valve cover, and it appears that some lifters are shit. So, I'm repaying those.
              It felt good to finally get back out into the garage.

-Ryan s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

rebuild it with an external relay to eliminate that crap.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  rebuild it with an external relay to eliminate that crap.
                  This. If everything works but the headlights won't switch off, you might be able to just remove the relay that's in there and replace it with an external relay. BTDT. Also, it may just be the switch. I've never heard of the LCM failing ON. They usually fail OFF. The switch in the dash is known to fail ON IIRC.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I soldered two external relays.
                    I may not have been the best at it.....
                    Soldering on circuit boards in not my forte....

-ryan s.
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Since I had the parts on hands, I replaced the passenger side tie rods. Just like the driver's side, all new inner, outer and sleeve, well, because RockAuto.
                      It will need an alignment when I get it back on the road.
                      Now I just need my lifters and a LCM, and I should be good.
                      Maybe.

-ryan s.
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

The LCM has been acquired and in on the way shortly. Working in the garage tonight. Trying to get it all buttoned up and on the road next week.
                        That will be a huge victory for me.

-ryan s.
                        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Test drove this afternoon. Mang, I forgot how much this thing pulls. Or I'm just used to driving a 3 ton brick.
                          Either way, I need to fix the parking cable, and get it aligned. Because it is very not aligned. That's ok though.
                          Also thinking about getting it tuned by Marty, so I can use my CVPI Zip Tube and 80mm MAF with it. Soon.
                          I forgot what it was like driving that low to the ground.

-ryan s.
                          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

So,
                            I had an issue with the speedometer: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...399#post811399

That has been fixed. I took it in for inspection, and the guys at Goodyear were super cool. They complemented me on the car, because it was so clean (as in lack of rust). It failed safety and emissions again, however, I'm not upset at all. It needs a MFS, right parking brake is being shitty, and the reverse lights don't work. Also, 3 monitors aren't ready for emissions however, I can pass with only 2 monitors not being ready.
                            They recommended upper and lower ball joints. I was going to get to that before the end or summer, or at least wait until it was warmer out. And I was going to put my lowering springs in and new struts because, after 21 years, why not.
                            They recommended a bunch of stuff, but that it was still good. And everything they recommended, I knew was going to need replacing soon.
                            So, a new Multi-Function Switch should be delivered tomorrow. I need time to F with the right rear parking brake, and then I have to troubleshoot the reverse lights. Alignment for the shift cable? Bad MLPS? I have a spare MLPS I might daisy chain to see if it does work or not to try and isolate the issue.
                            Knowing my luck, it's probably another fuse.

-ryan s.
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

+1 check fuses and bulbs first check if you're getting voltage at the bulb sockets. Then check the MLPS for voltage pass-through. Then it's wire hunting time IIRC.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

New MFS came in. I ordered a black one instead of the chrome one. Just my personal preference. I should be able to get to that either tonight or this weekend.
                                Then to futz with the MLPS and stuff.
                                I think I might just go ahead and do the ball joints and struts. F it. Might as well.

-ryan s.
                                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Working...
                                X