No announcement yet.

The 97 CV "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you really want to be fueling the Nagivator all the time? You're driving a 20 year old car in salt country, brake lines are to be expected.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I was thinking about getting a MKZ hybrid. For me and the wife. Still keeping the Navigator. Better mileage and no maintenance for a long while.

It's shitty because the lines look great. It's leaking right by the fuel filter, where it's clamped to the frame.
      Sigh.

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

If they’re factory lines, they’re the uncoated type. They’ll go quick when exposed to salt.

My Cars:
        -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
        -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
        -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
        -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

It always takes time to get a special car well sorted. Sounds like you are well into it. Getting all the small stuff out of the way.
          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

This car has yet to see a proper Buffalo winter. It was down all last year.

-ryan s.
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Sounds like P71 time
              2010 Mercury Grand Marquis LS “The Douche” - 70mm throttle body, P71 airbox, 21mm rear sway bay, dual exhaust, Dodge rims, 89K and counting. 4/2018-
              1966 Ford Thunderbird (390FE) “Fordy McFordface” - engine rebuild No. 3. 11/2016-
              RIP 2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS “Jumba” - gone too soon, 229K. 6/2017-2/2018
              RIP 2001 Chevrolet Tracker LT “Featherbrick” - gone too late, 156K POS. 6/2016-9/2016.
              Sold 2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - 198K. 6/2016-4/2018

Comment

Uh no.

-ryan s.
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Bah. Throw a new line at it. Its not hard. If the lines are in good shape in general, then just cut back to good metal and flare in a new section where its rotten. If you have a proper metric bubble flare tool, it takes literally no time to re-flare the line and union it up to a new piece. I only say metric because, well, the lines on a '97 are ALL metric, I've replaced 80% of them on my '97 except for the section along the frame under the middle of the car cuz that was new when I got it. After learning myself how to make the bubble flares with the correct tool, I find them to be quicker and easier than a SAE inverted double flare anyway. I am surprised to hear it rusted that far back tho, it almost always seems to be that they rot right at the transmission crossmember 90% of the time. That's where my '96 went, and by the lack of paint on the frame there, that's where they went on the '97.
                  -Steve

2006 Audi A6 S-Line FWD ~132k miles, stock.
                  1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~102k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
                  1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel, rustbelt diet plan..
                  1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

Comment

bah... just patch that line and be done with it. Would you rather have a car payment or just pay for the little fixes on this one.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Put some of them that there solar roof panels on a Leaf or an iMiev.
                      Last edited by sxcpotatoes; 10-06-2018, 06:30 AM. Reason: an
                      Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Found a nice solenoid today.

Also found this HPP as well.
                        Cleans up quite well.

-ryan s.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk
                        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Good finds.
                          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

It's safe to say that the air ride works now. It was the faulty vent solenoid.
                            Thoroughly washed the car yesterday, including the drain channels in the trunk and the door frames. Super clean now.

-ryan s.
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

good deal. I hate the green sludge that grows in the drains.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

What do you use to clean the wheels?

I've found that hot water mixed with Dawn works miracles on nasty wheels and isn't so aggressive as to destroy paint. Use a tooth brush on the intricate areas and she'll end up looking much like the wheel you displayed.
                                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
                                X