The 97 CV "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beauteous! NFG FTW

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

There is an engine in a tank!
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

It's all in.

I got it all together at 2:45 am and went to start it and 'click'. The battery was dead. I didn't feel like swapping out the battery from the Navigator at the time. And I left on a trip that morning. So the actual start up won't happen until the weekend.

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Perhaps you needed to attach the cables to the battery and it would have worked? j/k

That engine looks good in there. Definitely wouldn't expect to see that under the hood.

Comment

I just returned from my trip this afternoon. The great startup/disappointment is tomorrow.

-ryan s.
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

^^^^^^^^^Yesterday was a good day for that; at least in Jersey. I hope everything turned out okay^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

It runs. And it runs well.

If course it didn't go as planned, though.

I turned it over first, no spark plugs and fuel pump relay pulled. I turned it for about 10 seconds. Everything is good.
                  Installed the plugs, wires, and relay. Turn it over, it stumbles.
                  Try it again, same thing.
                  Then clunk.
                  Clunk.
                  Clunk.
                  WTF.
                  Then I see smoke coming from the starter area. Hmmmmmmmm.
                  I put my phone underneath and started the car to see if I could find where the smoke was coming from. As it turns out, the smaller relay cable on the starter was almost touching the lead from the starter. However, once enough power was running to it, it would jump to the smaller cable. And the spark show ensued.
                  I pulled that starter and put another spare one in. Works like a charm now.
                  The metal tab that the smaller wire was connected to was bent up. That was the cause.
                  Today's plan is fixing the horn issue. There's no horns, and I need it for inspection. There's power at the relay, but none at the horns or the clockspring. I'm putting a clock spring in and going from there.
                  Also, planning on putting the front end on and getting a test drive in today.
                  Yee haw!!

-Ryan s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Boom

Test drive C/W.
                    Everything is good. Minus the air ride. There's an issue there. It's dragging on the ground. The compressor kicks on, but its not holding air. I think one of the bags are crap. But after 20 years, meh, that's ok.
                    I also have a bad shock on the right rear. The plan is to pull the brand new KYB Gas-A-Justs off the old Tank, (along with the Trac-Lok) and swap them over.
                    I need to figure out the air ride issue fast. I need to order the parts and get them in so I can get it inspected, registered, and put some miles on it before the Green Grand Prix next week at Watkins Glen raceway.

Also, it hauls pretty good.

-ryan s.
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Awesome congrats Ryan! That's great news.
                      Air ride system is so easy to deal with. Is neither bag pumping up air? Only 1? If compressor kicks on and lineS/solenoids are connected in place - I'd wonder if bag is failing or if the o rings on the bags are failing?
                      I have 1 bad bag from junkyard on my 2003. One side sits low after it sits for awhile. Junkyard Arnott bags so no big loss.
                      -Nick M.
                      Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
                      03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Could also be leaks. If the lines are not well sealed at the compressor it won't pick the ass up. The bags also fail. Easy enough to fix and diagnose though, provided you have a spray bottle of the magic leak detection fluid, aka soapy water.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I will be trouble shooting that this evening.
                          The Tanks have been moved around. TOJ3 is backed into the garage. TOJ2 is backed up in front of the garage and ready for work.
                          It begins again tonight.

-ryan s.
                          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Is a coil swap out of the question?

How do you rustproof stuff up there? I'd assume they use the same wonderful liquid snow melt stuff that they use down here.
                            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I already ordered the bags. Just a hunch.
                              Since we use the same, wonderful sodium chloride, I have to do something.
                              I used this Loctite rust neutralize first. Then I coated it in Eastwood Rust Encapsulator. Then I used PlastiDip to coat it all. I'll probably move to something strong like an epoxy paint instead of PlastiDip.
                              Time will tell if it holds up.

Big work planned for tonight.
                              I plan on removing the diff, shocks, and bags from TOJ3. Then removing the Trac-Lok from TOJ2. And maybe the shocks.
                              I do want to get the diff done tonight because I hate the smell of gear oil.
                              Essentially, I want to have everything done on the TOJ3 before Monday, because that's when the bags get here. It's insured. Going to be registered on Monday. Maybe drive it to work on Tuesday????
                              Plus it needs to be ready to compete in the Green Grand Prix at Watkins Glen on Friday.
                              www.greengrandprix.com

Peace.

-ryan s.
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

It should be a shoe in.
                                03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                                02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                                08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                                12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Working...
                                X