No announcement yet.

Best Direction for Parking on Slope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If moving the car doesn't cause any real problems and it prevents the retribution calls to the local code officer, its worth it. Being stuck in an un-wanted war with an asshole neighbor is far more exhausting than you'd believe.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah, seems she's being nice about it. And then there is the fact you don't want the windrow of the municipal plow to beat the crap out of your car (flying ice, rocks/stones etc). While nose out is the safest way to park it, you want to minimize the snow that gets packed into the radiator as well.

Alex.

Comment

The first snow fall was 'interesting'. Using pieces of 4x4 as wheel chocks is certainly convenient. An added bonus is that she can see them and know that I'm going out of my way for her. Unfortunately, parking farther back is way more aggravating than I realized. The slope goes below ground level, so there's a retaining wall that my driver's door has to contend with (assuming I keep parking nose up). The slope isn't as bad as I thought, but the strain of getting up the slope after a cold start is something I'd rather avoid. She was actually standing near my car when it struggled up the first time, so I hope she realized what I'm doing for her. It's going to take more than a chocolate coconut treat to make me happy.

Her snow plow guy looks to be a Vietnamese couple, so I'm guessing the snow plow business is not in their blood. The neighbor showed her property Nazi trait with them. While monitoring them, she asked "Is that your bag?", as if they were going to leave it behind when they were still doing their thing.

After I did my shovelling and inflated a slow-leaking tire, I stood there pondering whether I should bother putting on a spare before going to Costco to see about a tire repair. She says to me, "Good job."

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
        mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

So your driveway goes down from street level? Park like always. Its one thing not to be able to get into your driveway after work, whole other ball of wax if you can't get out of your driveway to get to work.

Alex.

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
            So your driveway goes down from street level? Park like always. Its one thing not to be able to get into your driveway after work, whole other ball of wax if you can't get out of your driveway to get to work.

Alex.
            This! When (not if) the driveway ices up, you're fucked! Use that excuse with the neighbor too, especially since she saw that you're having a hard time climbing out the hole. Maybe park an extra foot in from your typical parking space, but no more than that. Unless she's willing to get up in the morning to chain up to your car and pull you out when you can't make it out of your own driveway cause of her.
            The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
            The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Working...
            X