Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audio upgrade without touching the factory head and wiring.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 Mark VII, the one with the 4 holes around the edges for the quick release. Don't rightly care whether its tape or CD, as long as it can control an external CD changer so I can hijack it for line-in. The old single disc factory CD player wouldn't do it, but I believe later ones might. The tape decks will. The one I have is from a mid 90s Continental with the Lincoln emblem on the tape deck door. It won't switch the JBL amp on, but I can probably figure out how to fix that. I seem to recall something about later ones using a +5v signal, where the old ones used a +12v signal. Not the end of the world to adapt that.

86 has a specific compressor in the trunk. The later ones are under the hood. Pump is basically the same, but the mount points on the motor are not. I made one by combining my 86 parts with some 87 parts to make it all go together. The rest of it I believe to be the same.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Got it, I'll keep my eyes open for one of those. Rare around these parts though, every Mark VII that I see in the yards has that wannabe racer look to it complete with gutted/trashed interior and auxiliary speaker wiring made from extension cords to compliment it. Unless of course you want another radio from a Continental, that would probably increase my odds of finding a replacement. JBL tape deck I pulled on Sunday looks great but is old style with old square connectors.

Wonder why they did that, makes so much more sense to have something like that out of the elements. Guess they made too much noise. Should've taken the brain box then. Bah.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

yeah I don't really care if its a Mark VII one, and frankly I don't really want a Mark VII one. They're mostly shot by now and working on those things is a miserable experience. Something out of a mid 90s car with the same physical install setup would work or could be made to work as long as its got the JBL type plugs. A lot of cars had them, Tbirds, Mark VIII, Continental, etc. Hell, I'd even settle for one from a Conti that doens't work that i can rob the faceplate from. The one I have functions, but the ears on the face are broken. I can transplant that pretty easily. Its 4 screws and a plug.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Aye aye. I keep forgetting that info. I do have a T-bird radio along with the graphic equalizer somewhere. I'll try and see about posting pics of it.. Just remembered that you won't want that as the radio is specific to the equalizer thing, as in it's missing the fade or balance functions as those are part of the equalizer piece.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
          X