2003 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2003 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series #2

Kodachrome Wolfe pointed me towards an eBay auction for a black on black with factory moonroof 2003 Signature in FL.

Caught my interest. Talked to the seller on the phone. Sounded good. Made an offer and he accepted.

2003 Town Car Signature "Premium". Wood wheel, Alpine, cd changer moonroof, heated seats...and bonus trunk st s touch - never seen this option on a 2003-2006 unless it was a Cartier or A Designer. 41k miles

Got it up from FL.

Typical 2003 rear end soft axle issue. Unfortunately the driver side paint was fully weather checked. Clear cracking. Passenger side res pray but overspray in places. A few dings (oddly none on the doors). Hood squeak from safety latch. Bad LCM. Soaking wet carpet (cowl leak). Leather interior was baked! Power steering stuck on full assist. Bumper covers resprsyed and rear one has a crack. Struts feel dead up front. Brakes suck too no meat left on pads.

Always get a vehicle inspected!!! Carzinspection.com had I not been so cheeky, and assumed a 40k car looked as good as new in pics I may not have bought it. Oh well. A proper repaint in a few years will make it good.

Not one of my better buys :-(

Until i looked under neath - no rust. Anywhere.

While my blue one had beautiful paint it had been painted in a lot of places and was heavily salted it's first four years before going to FL. And that body had some work done to it. And front s.uspension was tweaked.

So I have a project on my hands but I have tons of parts I can swap over . Like I fixed the lcm by swapping in my other one. I sold the baked interior to a friend that had a beige interior and he loves it. Swappped in my blue cars interior with nice black interior not sun baked.

This new black one was built a few days after my blue car - both are April of 2002. Still have front seat map pockets and that intrusion detection alarm in the overhead console.

Here is the car:
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/322287407358?_mwBanner=1
    Attached Files
    -Nick M.
    Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
    03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Looks great in the eBay auction. Sounds like a good thing you got a parts car though.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

btw there is an open recall from ford on the lCM's. If you want you can get ford to install a new one.
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Think that was for the Crown Vic's and Grand Marq. No Town slab included :-(
        -Nick M.
        Columbia, SC

Comment

really, never thought about that. Might do a search on etis by vin.
          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
            Looks great in the eBay auction. Sounds like a good thing you got a parts car though.
            They took the pictures at just the right angles, and you can't tell until you get up close. I took a good look at it last time I was at TecNickal's place, and unfortunately just like he said, the paint had some crazing on the side. It reminded me a bit of the paint on my aunt's '00 MGM.

My Cars:
            -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
            -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
            -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
            -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Good luck with this one.
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Well I fixed the typical town car floor board leak. Weather stripping took care of that after removing the dried up foam seal.

It has three electrical issues:
                1) Cooling fan always on
                2) no power assist - EVO not doing anything. Someone ran a wire from positive battery to the EVO... it's jacked up.
                3) park assist don't work (needs module behind cover replaced.

I am going to fix the car and make it right - but I just am not a fan of this car like
                I was my blue one.
                -Nick M.
                Columbia, SC

Comment

If you unplug the EVO, you should get full assist at all times.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

so far I've fixed a lot of the stupid issues.
                    1) hood light always on was the trigger switch on the hood latch itself. Its a microswitch.
                    2) the EVO for the steering works 100% different from 2002 and older. It defaults to hard steering - and I mean HARD. On the RAS module behind glovebox, I found a pin in the wrong spot. Wow.
                    3) Front struts were junk.
                    4) Put factory air ride back in with new compressor
                    5) Brake fluid, power steering fluid, coolant, oil, transmission all flushed.
                    6) replaced rear axle shafts, bearings, and seals.
                    7) fixed connector for the EVO at the rack.
                    8) Replaced steering rack boots - someone put on a reman rack from autozone with Linglong boots they are distinegrating.
                    9) fixed interior water leaks - hood release cable and fresh air inlet
                    10) Replaced wheels with painted wheels from a 2005 Signature. New Travelstar tires.
                    11) Replaced moonroof glass than randomly blew out sitting in the driveway parked a year ago.
                    12) Replaced park assist module.

This car was one of the worst I've ever purchased. Too bad. I've driven it ~3,000 miles since I bought it.

I have it sold to a guy in Syracuse NY. Just need to drive it up when I can drive through states. He wants it - he's going to restore the paint.

And to add to the enjoyment of ownership for the first time ever - I lost the keys to the thing! Still can't find them. Had to get a new set cut/programmed.
                    -Nick M.
                    Columbia, SC

Comment

Sounds like a pile of work. But I bet your buyer in NY will be happy with a low mile rust free ride.
                      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
                      X