Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Touchy Brakes - not finding any topics on this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang it I may have to flush the system, or rather have it done. Not a terribly hard thing to do but with precious little time, I must concentrate on other matters. DOT5 eh?

Comment

Silicone isn't hygroscopic. The water won't absorb, it just lays in there. Makes sense for show cars, but its not terribly smart for things that get driven a lot.

I know a lot of people do a lot of things that I'd consider grossly ill-advised. Its a free country, but I'm not riding in your car.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
        DOT5 eh?
        Yeah, Pep Boys has bottles and bottles of it. Just make sure you purge the system out of the old DOT3/4 fluid, because any moisture left over from the old fluid would be trapped in there when the DOT5 fluid is added, as Gadget says. With no moisture in the system and DOT5 added, outside moisture will not be absorbed anymore.

Hey, what part of southern California are you in? I'm going down to Northridge on Saturday afternoon.

Comment

Good info Robert. I'm in whittier/la Mirada. Right on the edge of LA/Orange County, in what I call the Bermuda rectangle. I'm a ways south of Northridge, between the 60/5/91/605/57 freeways. Wouldn't wish it on anyone but if you happen to ever end up in this area give me a ring or text(562) 365-4197. Would love to meet a fellow California box owner that's not a lowrider or other kind of scumbag like I see around. I go to the Fabulous Fords Forever show every year at Knott's Berry Farm and scarcely ever see any Panthers there, much less a box. ADTR had there 2 cars there last year but the guys are kinda dicks and I wasn't impressed. Really a bummer for full-size ford lovers over there.

I love mustangs but it becomes a bit cookie-cutter after a while. I want to get another fox body but hey, you've seen 5 and you've kinda seen 'em all. Anyhow, enough of my rambling, glad to see i'm not the only one in California, this place sucks. You have a '90 too, which is awesome. I'm on my 2nd one as the 1st was sacrificed to the state thanks to giving illegal immigrant driver's licenses and unscrupulous insurance companies that insure them.

Comment

I would love to have an early '90's fox-body Rustang with a four banger and a five speed, the one with an actual decklid, not a hatch. Hate those. But due to some resurgence in popularity they're expensive. I hate the idea of paying a popularity tax.
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

4-banger coupes are still around for cheap. I like the coupes but am not averse to hatchbacks. I had an '82 capri RS 5.0, an '82 Mustang highway patrol coupe, and a '90 GT hatch. Loved all of them although the coupe probably was my favorite.

Comment

the '82 Highway patrol sounds cool. Where you see 4 banger Rustang coupe action for cheap, white man?

Speaking of highway patrol...
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                  I'm in whittier/la Mirada. Right on the edge of LA/Orange County, in what I call the Bermuda rectangle. I'm a ways south of Northridge, between the 60/5/91/605/57 freeways. Wouldn't wish it on anyone but if you happen to ever end up in this area give me a ring or text(562) 365-4197.
                  Oh, yeah, I know where that is. Nah, I'm not going down that way for awhile. But thanks for your generosity.
                  Would love to meet a fellow California box owner that's not a lowrider or other kind of scumbag like I see around.
                  Heh, I say any box can be made original again!
                  I go to the Fabulous Fords Forever show every year at Knott's Berry Farm and scarcely ever see any Panthers there, much less a box. ADTR had there 2 cars there last year but the guys are kinda dicks and I wasn't impressed. Really a bummer for full-size ford lovers over there.
                  Yeah, I wanted to go to that Ford show for the last 2 years, but it was never at a convenient time. Now that I'm retired, perhaps I can get to it this year with the 90 Crown Vic or the 88 Merc Colony Park (the 72 Ranchero is not highway-ready).
                  I'm on my 2nd one as the 1st was sacrificed to the state thanks to giving illegal immigrant driver's licenses and unscrupulous insurance companies that insure them.
                  Whoa! That doesn't sound good.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160714_135435.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	1281262
                    This is my first one, killed right after I did the whole top end on the engine.

Comment

Working...
                    X