No announcement yet.

Rattle sound in the back - 04 tc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd have had them change both rear bearings. The right side usually fails first, and both sides have the same mileage on them.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

After recently fixing several cars that had been worked on (not fixed) by professionals, I must ask where the rear axle is keeping that 12 quarts of fluid.
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

in the tubes. The pumpkin isn't the only place it goes. And axle tubes hold a lot of fluid.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Didn't even notice that. They hold like 2 quarts. Not 12.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

You sure it wasn't pints?
            —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
            1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
            1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
            1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Pints it might be. On the invoice, the unit cost was $1.50 and it took 12 quantity.
              Now that you mention it, the owners guide for a 2004 TC is only 5 pints.

For all the work this garage has done for my parents, I'm not going to dispute that line item. They have been good. Thank you @Tiggie for pointing that out.

Last edited by Thesavo; 01-09-2017, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X