• Show
Clear All

Here's the pic you're missing out on.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	MGM_140mph_speedo.png
Views:	1
Size:	507.0 KB
ID:	1290546

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by kishy View Post
      The image you can't see is on Imageshack. The URL is https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1...922/JAtZl9.jpg

The other image, of a yellow Mercury cop car, is also on Imageshack at https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/7856/5y5T8P.jpg

Are you maybe browsing from somewhere that is blocking Imageshack?
      Strange it would be blocking that image but not the earlier posts unless something that’s been going on with the weird double posts is causing it.

I primarily do all my image hosting with them.

My Cars:
      -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
      -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
      -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
      -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Originally posted by kishy View Post
        The image you can't see is on Imageshack. The URL is https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1...922/JAtZl9.jpg

The other image, of a yellow Mercury cop car, is also on Imageshack at https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/7856/5y5T8P.jpg

Are you maybe browsing from somewhere that is blocking Imageshack?
        Yep, that confirms it, my work browser blocks imageshack. I tried the direct links you provided and got slapped by their splintered ruler.

Originally posted by sly View Post
        Here's the pic you're missing out on.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]58248[/ATTACH]
        Groovy! Thanks for attaching that, sly. Those are pretty neat, I've definitely never seen one, nor did I know they existed.

Originally posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
        Strange it would be blocking that image but not the earlier posts unless something that’s been going on with the weird double posts is causing it.

I primarily do all my image hosting with them.
        Yeah, it is strange that some photos populate, but the majority do not. When I browse your thread or others like your D150 thread to see photos, I'm the odd one out. I finally became the squeaky wheel, thanks fellas for applying some grease.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Logged some decent mileage lately with the car. Knock on wood, but it's been doing darn near flawless from the driver's seat.

A friend had a few of his friends down for a weekend when we got word a special CSX engine was leading a train, so we all jumped into vehicle with the most seats available and headed towards Martin, SC.

Made it to a rural crossing just outside of Savannah River Site with about a minute or so before it arrived.

My Cars:
          -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
          -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
            so we all jumped into vehicle with the most seats available...
            Reminds me of when I had my my '88 Country Squire. Friends and I were up all night playing computer games (Half Life, Counter Strike, Warcraft II, Starcraft, probably some others) and decided to go see the new Terminator movie the next day. Every seat in my Country Squire was taken but we only had to take one vehicle.
            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Pretty cool graphics on that CSX engine.

Comment

Finally got busy on what should be the last radio swap. The common ground analog radio works cherry, but ain't worth nothing for tone, so I got an '87.5+ AM/FM Electronic Stereo from Mainemantom.

Had to order some correct Ford connectors and splice those onto the aftermarket speaker wiring that's been present for some time now. Everything works solidly.

While checking everything, I had the car running and got bored and cycled the turn signal switch and saw a good amount of light cast on the garage wall, and I was thinking, "Wow, this is some great turn signal lamp!", and then realized the headlights were flashing on and off.

Seems something with the high beams were shorting with the left turn signal circuit. Similar symptoms were noted with the hazards. After fiddling with the switch lever for a few minutes, the issue corrected itself. I did go to the parts store and buy a replacement and swapped the switch assembly out anyway as not to chance a repeat issue. New switch feels good and the flash-to-pass activation area is considerably better than the old one, where you were always gonna pull it far enough to click to high beams to make them cycle.

I also saw the ignition switch was separating, so I've temporarily zip tied it together to keep things working. The accessory position gave up a week or two ago, so I had gotten suspicious about it then. So far everything is working again, but there's a NOS switch under the passenger seat, so that'll get swapped tomorrow.

My Cars:

Comment

Glad the radio works well for you. Looks good installed.

Comment

That's certainly an interesting way for the turn signal switch to fail.
                    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

See you also have a tripminder - COOL!
                      What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                      What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Nice . Yet another oddball radio!

I had to laugh at your video and your commentary. Just a weird one so it made me chuckle at the issue you were having.
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I had the ignition switch seperate on my 87 a few years back. I was going to get a motorcraft unit but ultimately decided to go with a Duralast gold because the price and warranty. So far so good.

Comment

Drove up to Nick's today for his birthday and to help him with a few things on his '89.

Definitely blew the heater core, or at least managed to make it leak properly. I wasn't even driving that hard when my vents started having a sweet-ish fog blown out of them for a good minute and it stopped. Once I got up there I verified there was coolant residue on the passenger side firewall near the floor and the heater ducts smelled of it. We bypassed it for the interim, but will probably get to it next month.

We did get the ignition switch swapped, so at least that's covered.

My Cars:

Comment

thats a really weird failure mode on the switch. Not impossible since the headlamp and turn signal circuits come together but very weird. I'd honestly expect damaged wiring to the switch more than the switch itself to have caused that.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                                thats a really weird failure mode on the switch. Not impossible since the headlamp and turn signal circuits come together but very weird. I'd honestly expect damaged wiring to the switch more than the switch itself to have caused that.
                                The switch showed a fair amount of fine metallic shavings/bits on the forward face where the hi-beam action occurs. The switch was an original Ford unit, so there's a chance it was original to the car with all its miles.

Only place in town that had a replacement switch was Advance, so I wound up with whatever brand switch was in a CarQuest box. Had a lifetime warranty, so that was okay I guess. Engagements feel better than the old switch (occasionally it would make a very loud SNAP when engaging the turn switch). Flash-to-Pass occurs earlier too, as with the old switch I had to actually click the switch entirely to flash the lights.

Didn't have any trouble with the signals yesterday, so I guess that's a good thing.

My Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X