No announcement yet.

My 1987 Mercury Colony Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any stipulations behind running the old plate? You might want to look deeper into that. Here in Michigan you can only run a plate like that if driving the car to and from shows, not at all for pleasure or commute. I got popped for that with my '69 Plymouth.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
      Are there any stipulations behind running the old plate? You might want to look deeper into that. Here in Michigan you can only run a plate like that if driving the car to and from shows, not at all for pleasure or commute. I got popped for that with my '69 Plymouth.
      Georgia has no restrictions. You can drive at your leisure.

The official page: https://dor.georgia.gov/authentic-hi...e-registration

My Cars:
      -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
      -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
      -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
      -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Yes NY is also a pita when it comes to classic cars. What a surprise.
        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

F'in Michigan..
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

NJ does not have that option so far as I know. You run the plate you are assigned. I can pay extra for a custom plate, or its just whatever the next number on the stack is.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

So my new pet project showed up...

So now I have this odd ball Electronic AM/FM only stereo head, neat.

I'll need to find a wiring diagram for the speaker wires. Unfortunately most of my factory radio harness disappeared in 2000 when a aftermarket radio was installed and the premium sound system was "bypassed".

I figure these are the speaker feeds.

And these should be power and illumination feeds.

Insides:

If everything from Gadget's video on adding an auxiliary jack is correct, the lower right plug should be what I need, and I just need to look back where the grounds are. This radio will be the perfect candidate for this since lately I haven't been using any CDs or tapes. Really won't hurt not having either.

My Cars:
              -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
              -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

I like how clean and simple it is.

With some careful work one could possibly add a chassis mount aux connector right to the face and have it look like it came that way.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Same guts as the tape deck radio, just obviously without the tape mechanism.

O/lg hash - left front +
                  b/w hash = LF - and RF +
                  W/LG hash - RF -
                  pk/lg stripe - LR+
                  pk/lb dot - LR -
                  lb stripe - RR +
                  dg/o dot RR -

inputs to the tone board are the white and orange wire from the mute board. Right is white, left is orange.

on the power connector
                  yellow/black - ignition +
                  gn/y - batt +
                  o/bl dot - premium sound amp (hot when radio is on)
                  bl/r - dash lights
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Cool project, funny how everything old is new again. Most new cars don’t have CD players any longer. My Volvo doesn’t, nor did my 2017 Hyundai. My 2017 Enclave does but that was the last of the run and dates back to the original 2008.
                    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                    Past Panthers
                    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

I have this radio wiring from a 85ish dash. Has many plugs. It may be for the added on amp?
                      If you can use it, LMK. Just pay postage. WagonMan
                      Attached Files
                      89 Colony Park
                      90 Colony Park
                      70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Does that have a pull knob switch with it? Some of the earlier premium sound rigs had a bunch of extra wiring that passed through a switch that could engage or bypass the amp.

Comment

Not sure. I have parted so many cars, some had the switch under the dash with a light that lit when in use. WagonMan
                          89 Colony Park
                          90 Colony Park
                          70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Switched in question:

Foxbody switch:

And panther switch:

both of which were pictured in my car...I use it to turn on the aftermarket amp. Allows me to kill audio without touching head unit...Mainly for looks!
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Last I checked, the factory amp is gone from where all reports say it should be in a wagon. Will that be an issue or would it be smart to source a amp for the system?

My Cars:

Comment

depends what was done with the speaker wiring. If it had premium sound the wires run from radio to amp and then to the speakers. With no amp you'll have to make sure the signal gets from radio to speakers at least. Also depends if it was a 2 or 4 channel rig. 4 channel runs all speakers through the amp, 2 channel is just the front speakers. If you can lay your hands on the proper amp it should sound slightly better than without it, but its still not all that impressive even with it. If you feed that radio through a better amp it will give better results, even if its just a fairly ho-hum amp with speaker level inputs.

Comment

Working...
                                X