PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: My 1987 Mercury Colony Park

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

its such a rare piece too

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Agreed, that police cluster is cool. I wonder how many are left in this world?

fomoco panthers !

Every time I see one, I regret not special ordering a police package on my 82 Mercury 2 door.

Quote Originally Posted by 1985crownvicltd85 View Post
    Agreed, that police cluster is cool. I wonder how many are left in this world?
    Poking around here, I think Grand Marquis GT has one in his '83 coupe, there was a bidding process/sale between FatNasty and MrMarquis (correct me if I'm wrong) for one, and there's mine that I purchased along with an 85 MPH cluster from a member here.

There's also been maybe three or four police Marquis posted/mentioned, but none of them were in running shape. There's some old threads regarding a guy selling a 1980 and a 1981 from another site. There was an eBay listing for one that was in pretty poor shape. Someone mentioned one in a junkyard years ago, and that's about it.

I've seen photos of Kansas and Missouri State Police using them. I also have a photo of Toronto Police using one.

Given such a short model run, and likely most agencies ordering LTD, I'm sure these were a passing oddity and not much credence was given to preserving any at the time. Now what is obviously a very rare bird, I've never seen one in person, running or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainemantom View Post
    Every time I see one, I regret not special ordering a police package on my 82 Mercury 2 door.
    That would have certainly been a 1 of 1 car. Funny how the ordering options could be done then.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (230K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Is it possible to post pics of it in this thread? I don't see any pics of the cluster or a link to them..
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    Is it possible to post pics of it in this thread? I don't see any pics of the cluster or a link to them..
    check the previous page and the post that started the discussion... http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post867911

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Thank you for the link sly, but all I see is the photo of K-Wolf's car at the top and then the video of the exhaust job. No other links, what am I missing?

I post a lot...

check post #739
    03 Marauder DBP, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated Cooper Zeon RS3-A, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    08 Escape Limited V6 Auto, Beamtech LED headlight bulbs,

It's text only for me:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Post 739.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	116.2 KB 
ID:	58247

all the CFI are belong to me

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    It's text only for me:

Name:	Post 739.png 
Size:	116.2 KB 
ID:	58247
    The image you can't see is on Imageshack. The URL is https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1...922/JAtZl9.jpg

The other image, of a yellow Mercury cop car, is also on Imageshack at https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/7856/5y5T8P.jpg

Are you maybe browsing from somewhere that is blocking Imageshack?

Current driver: 84 TC
    Panthers, Parked: 83 GM 2dr | 85 CS | 86 GM | 88 TC | 91 GM
    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 05 Focus
    RIP: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | Junkyards

Here's the pic you're missing out on.

Name:	MGM_140mph_speedo.png 
Size:	507.0 KB 
ID:	58248

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Quote Originally Posted by kishy View Post
    The image you can't see is on Imageshack. The URL is https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1...922/JAtZl9.jpg

The other image, of a yellow Mercury cop car, is also on Imageshack at https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/7856/5y5T8P.jpg

Strange it would be blocking that image but not the earlier posts unless something that’s been going on with the weird double posts is causing it.

I primarily do all my image hosting with them.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (230K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Quote Originally Posted by kishy View Post

Yep, that confirms it, my work browser blocks imageshack. I tried the direct links you provided and got slapped by their splintered ruler.

Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    Here's the pic you're missing out on.

Name:	MGM_140mph_speedo.png 
Size:	507.0 KB 
ID:	58248
    Groovy! Thanks for attaching that, sly. Those are pretty neat, I've definitely never seen one, nor did I know they existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
    Strange it would be blocking that image but not the earlier posts unless something that’s been going on with the weird double posts is causing it.

I primarily do all my image hosting with them.
    Yeah, it is strange that some photos populate, but the majority do not. When I browse your thread or others like your D150 thread to see photos, I'm the odd one out. I finally became the squeaky wheel, thanks fellas for applying some grease.

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738