PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: My 1987 Mercury Colony Park

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

The ECM doesn't actually use the caps for memory purposes, it has a constant +12v feed from the battery for that job. To my knowledge, the caps are mostly used as internal power supply filters after the internal regulators drop the voltage to whatever it needs to be at. The green leaky bit will eat the board if left long enough. Mine was that way when I opened it for the Quarterhorse install. Wasn't acting funny and I won't tell you it acts different with new caps but at least I'm not worried about the board rotting or the cap shorting and blowing something up. Looks like thats how Sly's fucked out. Usually they go out with a whimper, but sometimes its a bang.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

I had that problem with one of the screws on the burnt one. I used some "beefy" needle nose pliers and got it started that way. If you have some needle vice grips... that may work better.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324