• Show
Clear All

Check out this hearse!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any guesses what the reserve is?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1984-Mercury...m=401253309150
    89 Colony Park
    90 Colony Park
    70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

I dunno man, I hope a least $20k From the stick on hood scoop to the flame thrower thing man, that just screams $$$ like legit yo. Furthermore, its not a Lincoln or a Cadillac so RARE! Plus, ORIGINAL MILES! Whatever the phuck that means and like it matters at this point... Plus over fluffed description! FAMOUS 5.0L engine!!! Skulls, skulls, spiders and skeletal dog! Don't miss out on this modified colony park, buy today!

Guy couldn't even get the "Ghost Rider" script straight despite having a body line to work with..
    Last edited by DerekTheGreat; 01-05-2017, 04:06 PM.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I looked back in his completed listings and found that he had it listed in mid-December and it was bid to $8100 and didn't meet his reserve. He probably wants a hefty price.

I feel that any of us true Panther enthusiasts could find a wagon reasonably cheap somewhere and build our own custom hearse from scratch that would be better quality than his over-hyped creation. He comes on with the wordy hard-sell so strongly that it gets to be a real yawner mighty fast. We really need a snoozing emoticon for these things....
      David
      1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX
      14 previous Panthers, gone but not forgotten....

Comment

Looks like he buys those scoops in bulk. Ugh.
        1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Looks like the wagon was rust proofed, lots of body plugs in the door jambs. I like the one piece door to get to the storage compartment in the back.
          89 Colony Park
          90 Colony Park
          70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Very nice, but I'd have to take most of that stuff off

-1994 Lincoln Town Car...always under construction

Comment

It's probably a nice car underneath all of those tacky add ons. It looks like something you park at the pumpkin patch.

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
              2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
              2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

Nice shape but very tacky
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I used to really want a hearse after I got out of my bronco fascination. I'd totally use it for my work vehicle. So much room for activities!
                  1993 Ford F-150 Flareside - July 2010 - August 2013
                  2004 Ford Mustang - September 2013 - February 2018
                  1987 Mercury Colony Park GS - August 2015 - Present
                  2018 VW Golf GTI - February 2018-February 2021 (was a lease)
                  2003 EZGO TXT - March 2015 - May 2019 (it's road legal!)

2019 VW Golf Alltrack company provided April 2019 - Present
                  2012 Fiat 500 5 speed - January 2021-Present
                  2003 Audi A6 Allroad 6 speed July 2021-Present

Comment

Originally posted by HiFiMerc View Post
                    Looks like he buys those scoops in bulk. Ugh.
                    Haha beat me to it. What a disappointing bunch of shit he stuck on this poor thing. I'd offer $1800 to offset the cost of un-fucking this thing after he douched it all up. Really looks like a cool car with the exception of pretty much everything this dildo perpetrated. 8000 dollars my balls. Unless it was the only one that came with a boss 429 or something...

Comment

This,
                      Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                      Haha beat me to it. What a disappointing bunch of shit he stuck on this poor thing. I'd offer $1800 to offset the cost of un-fucking this thing after he douched it all up. Really looks like a cool car with the exception of pretty much everything this dildo perpetrated. 8000 dollars my balls. Unless it was the only one that came with a boss 429 or something...
                      I'm not completely oblivious to reality, I just choose to reject it when it doesn't line up with my opinions. (thanx Thain!)

Comment

I'm sure he buys the chrome skulls and other bullshittery in bulk too. Can't stand those, most flame jobs or the Chaldean cross shit either.

Comment

This made me research flame thrower stuff. Seems like some real sketchiness. Spark is easy enough with a separate coil and plugs in the tailpipes. But the fuel still comes from your engine - it cuts your ignition. Fuel washed cylinders aren't something I particularly like the idea of. I think I'd try to do a separate fuel injector on a standalone fuel system. Then maybe run isopropyl alcohol with lithium salts for a nice magenta flame.
                          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                            This made me research flame thrower stuff. Seems like some real sketchiness. Spark is easy enough with a separate coil and plugs in the tailpipes. But the fuel still comes from your engine - it cuts your ignition. Fuel washed cylinders aren't something I particularly like the idea of. I think I'd try to do a separate fuel injector on a standalone fuel system. Then maybe run isopropyl alcohol with lithium salts for a nice magenta flame.
                            The whole idea is stupid, makes me wonder about the people who install stuff like that. I remember the first time I saw a system like that, I was probably 9 or 10 at the time. Vehicle was a lifted mid 70's F series truck (IIRC). All white, really clean. Guy kept doing it and doing it, the flames shot out at least four feet. Then after one go-round the tailgate's trim caught fire, whoopsie.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                              The whole idea is stupid, makes me wonder about the people who install stuff like that. I remember the first time I saw a system like that, I was probably 9 or 10 at the time. Vehicle was a lifted mid 70's F series truck (IIRC). All white, really clean. Guy kept doing it and doing it, the flames shot out at least four feet. Then after one go-round the tailgate's trim caught fire, whoopsie.
                              Any of that stuff can get out of hand real fast. It reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48jqF0CVXnk
                              David
                              1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX
                              14 previous Panthers, gone but not forgotten....

Comment

Working...
                              X