Sometimes the little things mean a lot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes the little things mean a lot

Received an owner's manual set in the mail today that I ordered for my 2000 P71 because the car had nothing with it when I got it.

This is a complete set and it's great to have!
    Attached Files
    David
    1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX
    14 previous Panthers, gone but not forgotten....

Yes the little things can make a difference.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

I ordered one for my 90 a few weeks ago. I'm glad people save them.

Why do people not keep them with the car?
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Good call! Personally I would find some of those useless, but at least the general manual and the service book are pretty great to have. I truly hate it when I get a call that someone's POS dropped whatever electrical system, and they can't even check the fuse cause they don't know which fuse to check cause they have no owners manual for the damn thing. And I'm supposed to somehow know exactly where to check? Especially if I get said call at 5am when I had just gone to bed barely an hour earlier - here, let me wake the fuck up, suffer painfully while my eyes adjust to being able to actually process the computer screen as anything other than a glowing blur, then waste an hour or more with Google's epic fail in trying to find the correct fuse panel diagrams for whatever the damn POS is. Yeah OK, thanks for ruining my sleep, you asshole!

And to this day they all still happily run around with no owner manuals. I'm gonna start shutting the phone off when I got to bed, fuck 'em all! lol
        The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
        The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
          Good call! Personally I would find some of those useless, but at least the general manual and the service book are pretty great to have. I truly hate it when I get a call that someone's POS dropped whatever electrical system, and they can't even check the fuse cause they don't know which fuse to check cause they have no owners manual for the damn thing. And I'm supposed to somehow know exactly where to check? Especially if I get said call at 5am when I had just gone to bed barely an hour earlier - here, let me wake the fuck up, suffer painfully while my eyes adjust to being able to actually process the computer screen as anything other than a glowing blur, then waste an hour or more with Google's epic fail in trying to find the correct fuse panel diagrams for whatever the damn POS is. Yeah OK, thanks for ruining my sleep, you asshole!

And to this day they all still happily run around with no owner manuals. I'm gonna start shutting the phone off when I got to bed, fuck 'em all! lol
          Absolutely....the fuse info is the number 1 reason why I will not be without a manual for long after I purchase a vehicle that doesn't have one.

Yes, some of the booklets are useless after 17 years, such as the warranty booklet....but for those my interest is just the novelty of having it, because most are long-gone from the passage of time.

My wife had a step-father for a while who would deliberately throw away every owner's manual for every vehicle, tool, appliance, etc, that he ever purchased. Those manuals were beneath him and he had no need for them because he had the experience necessary to make his way through everything. So he thought. Then he would chronically and systematically fuck up all of those items and then wonder why life just sucked like that for him all of the time. Stupid asshole. To this day there is a piece of property he lost that has a partially built leaning garage framework on it that is a monument to his ineptitude.
          David
          1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX
          14 previous Panthers, gone but not forgotten....

Comment

Warranty info may prove useful. I bought my 95 ranger in 02. PCM crapped out soon after. Turns out the PCM was considered part of the emissions system and would have still been under warranty at that point since it was a 7- or 8-year warranty item. Didn't have the manual and didn't know so I bought it out of pocket. From the stealership. Ugh.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
            X