No announcement yet.

Ho upper egr and tb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats great. Ive never had a reason to use an axe to fix my car yet. Goals.

The egr spacer and throttle body sure do like to 'weld' themselves to the upper intake.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

The HO manifold I saved required me to use a cut-off wheel, heat just wasn't doing it haha. I wasted so much time on that HO upper, didn't even notice that someone busted off one of the studs that holds the plaque on. They tried to tap it out and it's all off center. Not sure if that can be saved or if I have to start over again.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Just run 3 screws, its not that critical. If it really bothers you, cut a screw off and glue the head into the hole in the plate so it looks like its all there. Explorers only ran 2 screws.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Probably what I was gonna do. The manifold is really pretty now, and clean. Fuck the inside of that was nasty...

Comment

yeah the egr gets them pretty crapped up inside. One thing that I do think is better about newer designs is the EGR has a legitimate flow sensor instead of the position sensor. The ECM controls the position of the EGR valve based on measured flow, rather than what its been programmed to think the flow is. I suspect they programmed it to open more than it needs to, expecting that it will gradually clog itself down over time which allows it to still work once that happens. I suppose if one knew what they were doing, it would be easy enough to alter the program to fine tune it, though to be perfectly honest I don't know what you'd need to make sure its right. Probably an emissions dyno setup at least, but possibly other stuff as well.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Forgot to post this one of the upper intake

Comment

Idk if y'all can see but the stock bolts are stuck on there pretty

Comment

Oh, I'm personally familiar with that crap.

Comment

And the axe!

Get a set of BIG vice grips and chomp down on the studs near the intake opening. Ge some heat on the stud in the same area and you can get them out.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X