Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone want a project?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-Ford-Cr...m=292004734035
    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
    Past Panthers
    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Fairly complete but looks like dog shit. Take a lot of love to bring that thing back. How special is this thing really?

Comment

It is rare, no doubt about that, but!!
      Not special enough to put any money into it unless you have a pile of cash you need to throw away.
      It would have to be an act of love, not financial sanity.

Comment

So what's the going price for a fully restored touring sedan these days? I'd surely be a labor of love and drain the wallet.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

That's the POS that was on Bang Shift that they were hoping someone would save. Well someone bought it hoping to make a quick buck flipping it but I guess nobody wants it after all.

Comment

The problem is that an absolutely MINT, MINT Touring sedan might bring 5K. You could put 7500 in that thing and still not have a mint car.
            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
            Past Panthers
            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Comment

If anyone here does buy this P75, let me know. I still have my P75 parts car and many parts have already been removed.
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

That model is rare however anyone who buys it should have no expectations other than it being a parts car. It is a model that appeals to a very limited group of people who know what it is/was.
                More surprising is that a pick a part actually pulled it out of the line to sell.

Comment

If no one on here wants it, then no one anywhere will want it. Except maybe a disillusioned CVN member but otherwise no one.

Dude actually ordered a Marti Report for it. That's dedication. Good intentions of saving it but you can't save them all.
                  1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                  1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                  Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                  Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

That car is a perfect fit for someone who has a nice but rotted example that you could transfer the interior to. It is basically trashed inside.

How that is a 56k mile car baffles me.
                    Past Panthers

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                      How that is a 56k mile car baffles me.
                      Busted odometer gears.
                      1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Didn't think that affected Aeros with that speedo.
                        Past Panthers

Comment

Idk.
                          1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

I'd give them $200 and demo it.

That's about what it's worth.
                            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Odometer gears break on those too.! I know, I've fixed enough of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X