85 ltc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85 ltc

Picked it up tonight. It was on C-List for 10 minutes lol.

It's an 85, has its number of issues, and I paid next to nothing for it.
    First thing tomorrow it's getting a battery and terminal end to make it home.

85 LTC, Dark Canyon Red?/ 3.55 open/ HPP Wheels/ 4 Tone Horns/ ***POTM 5/2017*** SOLD
    06 LTC, Silver Birtch, Fully Loaded [ The Daily ] ***POTM 4/2018
    97 Mountaineer, 5.0 H.O. , 135k, Now with functioning window

89 LTC , Lowered, Straight Piped, (SOLD) 88 LTC (SOLD) Rough and Dirty, 2000 MGM, 2002 MGM, 96 MGM, 2005 MGM LSE (SOLD)

Nice find!

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
    2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
    2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

Originally posted by L1011tristar17 View Post
      Nice find!
      Thanks

85 LTC, Dark Canyon Red?/ 3.55 open/ HPP Wheels/ 4 Tone Horns/ ***POTM 5/2017*** SOLD

89 LTC , Lowered, Straight Piped, (SOLD) 88 LTC (SOLD) Rough and Dirty, 2000 MGM, 2002 MGM, 96 MGM, 2005 MGM LSE (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by Der_Wahnsinn View Post
        paid next to nothing for it.
        love when that happens
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
          love when that happens
          x2

Box Town Car pride! Need more pics.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Very nice! Red on red on red!
            —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
            1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
            1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
            1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Oh by the way, I want those wheel covers. Any chance you'd like to sell them?

Comment

Does your car have the satin black lower dash trim? I know some '85s had them but most of the ones I've seen in person don't have it.

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
                2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
                2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                  Oh by the way, I want those wheel covers. Any chance you'd like to sell them?
                  That's a possibility once I figure out a tire/wheel combo.

Comment

Picked it up today. Put $10 of gas in it to confirm that the gas gauge works, 2 gallons of coolant, and removed most of the trash that was left in it.

I have quite a list already.

* Drivers door handle inop from outside.
                    * Front windows not working correctly.
                    * Speedo and clock inop.
                    * Power locks inop.
                    * Coolant leak.
                    * Heater core had been bypassed.
                    * Door and trunk seals need replaced.
                    * Interior lights inop.
                    * New belts, air filter, fuel filter, oil change.
                    * Replace busted tail lamp panel.
                    * Replace 19 year old tires.

Comment

Pretty nice grab mang. Yeah don't fuck around with old tires. Ask Derek how that goes... Interior looks like my 1st '90 when I got it, full of trash and shit like some bum lived in it a while, lol. Used cars are so fun!

Comment

This weekend I might start on some of the electrical issues since I won't be driving it yet.
                        Might also head to the DMV on Monday.

I've been thinking about these for wheels...

Or these since their center caps are much cheaper and more available...

Comment

I'd go with option number two. I think they look a bit better than the later ones.

If you didn't go with those, I wouldn't pass up those snowflake turbines if you found a good set (considering it looks like you're sticking with 15s).

My Cars:
                          -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                          -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                          -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                          -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Der_Wahnsinn View Post
                            That's a possibility once I figure out a tire/wheel combo.
                            Thank you sir! Would be highly appreciated since I've been looking all over for a set of those for Ashley's TC. I could potentially hook you up with a taillight panel although the last one I shipped got busted up pretty bad despite being packaged nicely.

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                            Pretty nice grab mang. Yeah don't fuck around with old tires. Ask Derek how that goes...
                            It goes much like this ::Chris Farley voice from truck tire scene in Tommy Boy:: "You're driving along, driving along much as you've done for the past year and BOOM! Tread delamination @ 2AM in the middle of nowhere + busted things that are hard to find along with potential body damage. Should've bought Callahan tires.."

Comment

Originally posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
                              I'd go with option number two. I think they look a bit better than the later ones.

If you didn't go with those, I wouldn't pass up those snowflake turbines if you found a good set (considering it looks like you're sticking with 15s).
                              The top pic is of the actual wheels I could pick up, and they look to be in great condition except that they are missing 2 caps. They are also the same price as the more common second option "lacy spoke" wheels.
                              Just need to find out if the 2nd wheels are decent and come with caps or not.

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                              Thank you sir! Would be highly appreciated since I've been looking all over for a set of those for Ashley's TC. I could potentially hook you up with a taillight panel although the last one I shipped got busted up pretty bad despite being packaged nicely.

It goes much like this ::Chris Farley voice from truck tire scene in Tommy Boy:: "You're driving along, driving along much as you've done for the past year and BOOM! Tread delamination @ 2AM in the middle of nowhere + busted things that are hard to find along with potential body damage. Should've bought Callahan tires.."
                              That sounds like a fine trade to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X