No announcement yet.

85 ltc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found some good wheels and tires for it.

85 LTC, Dark Canyon Red?/ 3.55 open/ HPP Wheels/ 4 Tone Horns/ ***POTM 5/2017*** SOLD
    06 LTC, Silver Birtch, Fully Loaded [ The Daily ] ***POTM 4/2018
    97 Mountaineer, 5.0 H.O. , 135k, Now with functioning window

89 LTC , Lowered, Straight Piped, (SOLD) 88 LTC (SOLD) Rough and Dirty, 2000 MGM, 2002 MGM, 96 MGM, 2005 MGM LSE (SOLD)

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Stanced!
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
          Thank you sir! Would be highly appreciated since I've been looking all over for a set of those for Ashley's TC. I could potentially hook you up with a taillight panel although the last one I shipped got busted up pretty bad despite being packaged nicely.

It goes much like this ::Chris Farley voice from truck tire scene in Tommy Boy:: "You're driving along, driving along much as you've done for the past year and BOOM! Tread delamination @ 2AM in the middle of nowhere + busted things that are hard to find along with potential body damage. Should've bought Callahan tires.."
          Haha "Truck tire! I can't stop! Errrrrr. There's a cliff! Ahh we're burning alive! I can't feel my legs!" All because you wanted to save a little money on brake pads. I could take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I got spare time. One of my favorite movies ever. Lesson is though, don't drive on shitty old tires.

Comment

Ohhh I knew that lesson.. Was waiting for you to ship those wheels as I thought I'd save some money by not having to have them unmounted & remounted and then I went down to the tire store to get the tires I wanted and they told me they didn't have time for me. My fault, I should've have procrastinated, never again. My poor, previously unmounted spare tire...

Definitely my two favorite scenes lol.

"..and the new guy's in the corner puking his guts out all because you wanted to save a few pennies.."
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by L1011tristar17 View Post
              Does your car have the satin black lower dash trim? I know some '85s had them but most of the ones I've seen in person don't have it.

85 LTC, Dark Canyon Red?/ 3.55 open/ HPP Wheels/ 4 Tone Horns/ ***POTM 5/2017*** SOLD

89 LTC , Lowered, Straight Piped, (SOLD) 88 LTC (SOLD) Rough and Dirty, 2000 MGM, 2002 MGM, 96 MGM, 2005 MGM LSE (SOLD)

Comment

I swear I have no idea what they were thinking when they did that. It seriously looks like someone rattle canned the trim. I think its a base model thing, the Signature models had burl wood all the way down, like all of the 86 and 87 trim levels did.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ah, another late '85 panther! Guessing she was built in late September of '85.... late enough in the production run for the CHMSL but not late enough to be classified an '86 and receive SEFI. Love love love those seats they should clean right up and last forever. Dash pad looks to be crack free too! Good idea to check & replace weatherstripping now as opposed to later; age related problems/neglect can pile up on these cars.

Can't tell if it's a frenched rear window car (those came without the rear window trim and instead had a thicker vinyl top going around the rear window, across the C pillars, etc. Also has a seperate filler piece on the inside, which cuts into your rear visibility). If it is a frenched rear window car be mindful of rust on the center of the roof under the fiberglass shell that supports the vinyl top. The water has absolutely nowhere to go once the vinyl top goes bad and lets stuff leak through it. Everything else seems straightforward. Have at it and enjoy her mang!
                  '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                  '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                  '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Tagged the 85,

and (hopefully) found the short on fuse 8s circuit. Now I have door locks, a clock, door ajar chime, and interior lights.

Someone has had that door apart at sometime. I have voltage at the drivers window switch, but no window movement. The entire inside was rusty.
                    I'm hoping I can just replace the motor and lube everything else and hope that it works. Or is there something else I should replace too? Kinda sucks since the RR window is the only one working correctly, LF and LR are dead, and RF binds up when engaging the big window.

Comment

Something tells me you're not in Kansas anymore. LOL

Next to nothing is in my price range but that looks a lot better than my rot boxes. Looks like all minor stuff to address, unlike holes in the bodys of my beaters.
                      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by Hearsesrock427 View Post
                        Ah, another late '85 panther! Guessing she was built in late September of '85.... late enough in the production run for the CHMSL but not late enough to be classified an '86 and receive SEFI. Love love love those seats they should clean right up and last forever. Dash pad looks to be crack free too! Good idea to check & replace weatherstripping now as opposed to later; age related problems/neglect can pile up on these cars.

Can't tell if it's a frenched rear window car (those came without the rear window trim and instead had a thicker vinyl top going around the rear window, across the C pillars, etc. Also has a seperate filler piece on the inside, which cuts into your rear visibility). If it is a frenched rear window car be mindful of rust on the center of the roof under the fiberglass shell that supports the vinyl top. The water has absolutely nowhere to go once the vinyl top goes bad and lets stuff leak through it. Everything else seems straightforward. Have at it and enjoy her mang!
                        Correct, CHMSL + CFI.
                        I'll get the inside cleaned up, but the dash does have 3 cracks (at least).

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                          Something tells me you're not in Kansas anymore. LOL
                          Truth be told I still haven't seen the movie, but still...

Comment

Ashley bought me a Lincoln Lawyer movie poster, haven't put it up yet but I will. Correct car is a black '87 with grey leather interior. Blandville, at least it had a digi dash and turbines.

As for the weird black trim thing, even Signature Series cars got that. There was a fine '85 at US Auto in Sterling Heights some two years ago, it donated the ultra rare black rubber thingies for the door light buttons, front grille and a door hinge. First time I ever saw that black trim though, thought it was a custom job.
                            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

What is CHMSL ?

If one of the motors works, the power circuit works. Either the switch itself is flukey inside or all 3 of those motors are dinked. Not impossible that its some of each. The master switch has to be good or the individual switches do nothing, and the individual switches must be good for the master to work. Most of the time if something is going to get dumb its the main one though. I've had reasonable luck pulling them out, peeling back the rubber seal and cleaning them with contact cleaner. Sometimes you have to actually fish paper between the contacts and polish them if they get real crusty. There is an upper and a lower one, getting the lower one is not easy but it can be done if you're patient. Helps to take out the rocker itself for better access. Put a small dab of silicone grease in there where the rocker pivots, you'll see where I mean if you pull it out.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

3rd picture in post #10, Center High Mount Stop Lamp.
                                I'm not familiar with Lincolns, is that stock (even if added from a later model)? Looks different compared to CV/MGM.
                                Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                                ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                                ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
                                X