No announcement yet.

85 ltc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I like about the digi dash is the rightside pod, that has all that information and the buttons that control it. If it was possible I'd make a hybrid dash that had the analog fuel & temp gauges in the left side and the analog speedo in the center but have the digital information center in the right pod. I'd also use the blanks at the top and bottom of the left side pod to add a voltmeter and oil pressure gauge identical in style to the temp and gas gauges.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
      What I like about the digi dash is the rightside pod, that has all that information and the buttons that control it. If it was possible I'd make a hybrid dash that had the analog fuel & temp gauges in the left side and the analog speedo in the center but have the digital information center in the right pod. I'd also use the blanks at the top and bottom of the left side pod to add a voltmeter and oil pressure gauge identical in style to the temp and gas gauges.
      That's very possible. It would involve some hackery but it's totally doable (at least as far as I can tell).

I'm intending to do the reverse, actually...
      Last edited by kishy; 02-18-2017, 03:36 PM.

Current driver: wagon
      Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
      | 88 TC | 91 GM
      Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
      Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
      | Junkyards

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        You can fix the window motor gears super easily.

Shines up nice!
        It looks like this...

Not sure what happened but it looks like shit.

Anyway, the replacement motor (Dorman) seems to be much better. I celebrated by going through the drive-thru for dinner.

Obligatory pic...

It's a tight squeeze here, the back wheels were on the parking stone.

Hopefully my "new" center tail light assembly will be here tomorrow.

85 LTC, Dark Canyon Red?/ 3.55 open/ HPP Wheels/ 4 Tone Horns/ ***POTM 5/2017*** SOLD
        06 LTC, Silver Birtch, Fully Loaded [ The Daily ] ***POTM 4/2018
        97 Mountaineer, 5.0 H.O. , 135k, Now with functioning window

89 LTC , Lowered, Straight Piped, (SOLD) 88 LTC (SOLD) Rough and Dirty, 2000 MGM, 2002 MGM, 96 MGM, 2005 MGM LSE (SOLD)

Comment

Keep the old motor... it's an easy fix. Those are the nylon bushings that fill the gaps between the plastic gear and the drive gear that moves the window regulator. Plop in some 7/16 ball bearings slathered in petroleum jelly or some other plastic friendly grease, and you have a spare motor. Just be sure to clean out all of the old nylon bits.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
            Keep the old motor... it's an easy fix. Those are the nylon bushings that fill the gaps between the plastic gear and the drive gear that moves the window regulator. Plop in some 7/16 ball bearings slathered in petroleum jelly or some other plastic friendly grease, and you have a spare motor. Just be sure to clean out all of the old nylon bits.
            Good to know, thanks. Now the only window inop is the LR which might get the bad motor when I fix it.

And if anyone is wondering that was the cheapest motor on RockAuto, so avoid it.

85 LTC, Dark Canyon Red?/ 3.55 open/ HPP Wheels/ 4 Tone Horns/ ***POTM 5/2017*** SOLD

89 LTC , Lowered, Straight Piped, (SOLD) 88 LTC (SOLD) Rough and Dirty, 2000 MGM, 2002 MGM, 96 MGM, 2005 MGM LSE (SOLD)

Comment

Boy that window moves!

This has been a great turnaround story for this car so far.

My Cars:
              -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
              -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
              -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
              -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
                Boy that window moves!

This has been a great turnaround story for this car so far.
                Shes faster than greased up lightnin.

Comment

That's how I am when I fix stuff. Spent basically the whole afternoon messing with the lock arms on our new K1500 just so we could have the door unlock with the key, passenger side. What a bitch that is, and all those fucking plastic Christmas tree things shatter into a million pieces and never want to go back into their holes but when the job is done - satisfaction. Window mech was all lubed and stuff so it goes up and down without effort and the key works now, fuckin' awesome.

blkpnther, you intend to do the inverse? What do you mean by that? I forgot that somehow I'd like to add a factory appearing tach too but that's not all that important. Guess for now I'd just try to retro fit a Mark VII analog dash in.
                  1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                  1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I saw this picture and thought, "That's what they do", but you're saying you JUST bought that thing? Yeah, they aren't supposed to go in such a short amount of time.

Originally posted by Der_Wahnsinn View Post
                    It looks like this...

Originally posted by Der_Wahnsinn View Post
                    ...And if anyone is wondering that was the cheapest motor on RockAuto, so avoid it.
                    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

the motors are not the same front to back, but cross ways. Left front will fit right rear. So if both motors are bad on the same side... you'll have to rebuild one.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                        the motors are not the same front to back, but cross ways. Left front will fit right rear. So if both motors are bad on the same side... you'll have to rebuild one.
                        Also good to know, thanks.

Today, started with this...

and swapped it out for this...

Found and reinstalled a cargo net in the trunk

and took a couple other pics.

Comment

Its a Lincoln. They have 4 different motors. Fords and Mercurys have 2 motors. Someone had a better idea.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                            Its a Lincoln. They have 4 different motors. Fords and Mercurys have 2 motors. Someone had a better idea.
                            well that's crap.

Comment

No argument there. Motors are almost the same, but the fronts have a raised boss around where the bolt goes in that locates it into the regulator. I guess its not impossible that the rear motors (same as Ford motors) could be used up front but it might move and jam. Probably has something to do with that two window regulator thing.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I like the sticker.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X