Floor mats, NOS and/or aftermarket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floor mats, NOS and/or aftermarket

Okay, my '90 GM has some beat up factory floor mats in the back (which are not currently in the car) and a really beat up factory mat on the driver's side. I really, really want to get my hands on some new floor mats for this car.

I would prefer new factory mats, but I'm having trouble finding any. Besides eBay and NOS Parts Ltd, are there any other places I might be able to find some new factory floor mat kits?

Alternatively, I've been looking at some custom fit aftermarket mats. There aren't many for box panthers; most manufacturers are either universal fit, or look to be of cheaper quality than I'm after. I really like the look of the Lloyd Mats UltiMat, but they only offer the front floor mats.

Any help would be appreciated. I haven't really found much info on this from searches.
    —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
    1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
    1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
    1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Ones from the later cars should fit OK. I've got a set from a 97 Vic in my car and they aren't bad at all. I suspect if you're looking for 1990 specific ones its going to be a harder find.

Green Sales Co might be an option, but I think you need to know the part number.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Green sales can look it up if you call them. I've dealt with them before with very good results.

I would bet some members have some extras they could share if used ones will suit you.

Also there was a factory accessory full width rubber mat. I saw one in a junkyard once.
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Write down the part number that is on the back of the old mats. That number will also have the correct color. If you send the number to me I can see what I can find. What color are you looking for ?

Comment

The floor pan is same 90-2011 so you could use any
          -Nick M.
          Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
          03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

I'd have to ask Ashley where I got mine but they were custom made. For whatever reason the original owner threw the old mats out and I like factory stuff so I searched around or Ashley did and we were able to have them made the same color they would've been and they fit the floor pans as they should. I don't think the price was all that bad either.
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Part number on the front mat is E5AB-5413001-AWB. The color is a dark blue. The shop manual has the exact color name, but it escapes me at the moment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3670.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	1281355
              —John

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                Ones from the later cars should fit OK. I've got a set from a 97 Vic in my car and they aren't bad at all. I suspect if you're looking for 1990 specific ones its going to be a harder find.

Green Sales Co might be an option, but I think you need to know the part number.
                How do the rear seat mats fit? In my experience, while there may be no major floor pan differences from year to year, one can run into minor differences which affect the fit of things like floor mats. I know that there are some subtle differences in the rear floor pan on Mustangs. I have a later model console in my '95 that has a large gap in the very back where it should be flush with the transmission hump. The rear floor mats also fit very different between this car and the '02 GT I used to own.
                —John

Comment

I don't have rear mats unfortunately, so no idea. Someone had a pair of NOS front mats in the right color for small money so I bought them. Your part number shows a 1985 part, and the floor pan changed slightly in 1990. Apparently it wasn't enough to mess with the mats though.

The Fox/SN95/whatever (can't recall what the last version was named) chassis changed a fair bit over the years, the Panther platform was pretty stagnant.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Lloyd mats sells the UltiMats with rear mats for the later panthers. I may go with those if I can't locate any NOS replacements.
                    —John

Comment

So, did you get the UltiMats? If yes, how's the quality and fit?

Comment

Speaking of mats. I bought a set from ford for the 08 TC. They are now the "safety" version. The drivers mat is short so it does not reach under the pedals. They suck.
                        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Good floor mats for a 27+ year old car? Good luck.
                          Might as well spend $13 for cheap mats.

85 LTC, Dark Canyon Red?/ 3.55 open/ HPP Wheels/ 4 Tone Horns/ ***POTM 5/2017*** SOLD
                          06 LTC, Silver Birtch, Fully Loaded [ The Daily ] ***POTM 4/2018
                          97 Mountaineer, 5.0 H.O. , 135k, Now with functioning window

89 LTC , Lowered, Straight Piped, (SOLD) 88 LTC (SOLD) Rough and Dirty, 2000 MGM, 2002 MGM, 96 MGM, 2005 MGM LSE (SOLD)

Comment

I bought the ones from Rock Auto for my first '90. Anybody need canyon red floor mats? Got the fancy ones with the Ford logo on them and all. Only one that shows any wear is the driver's side.

Comment

I haven't purchased them yet. They're on the back burner at the moment.
                              —John

Comment

Working...
                              X