Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Chile!

Hello Everyone!:

My name is Jesús, I live in Valparaíso, Chile and Just got a 1987 Grand Marquis Colony park for restoration. I really love the american cars, and I will try to save this wagon!

As you can imagine, those cars are uncommon on this part of the world, so found a person with knowledge is really hard!. Hope I can learn from your experience and you can help me to restore it!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170211_125923887_HDR.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	1303772

Thanks!
    p.s: please, excuse me if my english grammar is not so good.

Welcome!

That wagon looks really nice.
    You have found the right place to learn about that car.
    Good luck with the restoration.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Welcome!
      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

we will dole out as much knowledge as we can to help anyone trying to restore these things... especially wagons.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by JesusGM View Post
          p.s: please, excuse me if my english grammar is not so good.
          Nobody here is going to give you grief about that, hell to me your English seems better than that of some US born and raised people I've met (may you never have the lovely experience of trying to communicate with a so-called "hood rat", it's about as futile of an effort as resisting the Borg from StarTrek).
          The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
          The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Wagon looks good! Welcome!

Is it a American car shipped to Chile or has it always been in South America. I've particularly interested in boxes delivered south of the border. From what I understand, they have some differences from the American versions.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Welcome to the forums. Your car looks beautiful! Can't wait to see more of it.

Comment

Welcome! Good luck with the car.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thanks for all your welcome!!1 I´m very excited to learn more about these "landyatch"!!

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                  Wagon looks good! Welcome!

Is it a American car shipped to Chile or has it always been in South America. I've particularly interested in boxes delivered south of the border. From what I understand, they have some differences from the American versions.
                  Thanks!. As I researched about the car, it was import as used car in 1995 directly from US or Canada (not sure, it has stickers from a Canadian shipping company), so I assume it has the american specs. Also, I don't know if the Colony park was sold officially in Ford Dealers in Chile, I only seen a few sedans here. Until the 80´s the big american cars were quite common here, but when japanese and European cars began their imports, the american cars were dissapeared, also considering its price and the fuel "abuse", if you compare with a Suzuki Fronte or a Daihatsu Charade at the time...
                  These wagons were used as Hearses here, but the registration of this says "Station Wagon" and not "Hearse". If the vehicle has a "hearse registration", you can not use it as civilian car in Chile. Fortunately, this wagon has no modifications of a hearse and is for "civilian use".

Now, despite the car is not in best shape, and is not a "too old" or classic car, like others all the people stop to look at it!, hope I reach the level of care and condition as other I seen in this forum!

Comment

Try to get a Genuine Ford shop manual for your year car. It will be a big help.

Comment

Welcome!

Boxes all around the world!
                      1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Welcome! How are the gas prices in Chile?
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                          Welcome! How are the gas prices in Chile?
                          thanks!, The gas is sell per liter in Chile, the price is about $1.3 USD per Liter. (about 1/4 of 1 gallon)

Comment

So like $5 per gallon, seen worse. Is diesel cheaper or more expensive? In the US regular gas seems to average to about half of what you're paying, and diesel is more expensive than regular gasoline and about on par with the high-octane gas. Used to be diesel was way cheaper than any gasoline, but environment protection people and organizations stepped in and put an end to such cheap but "dirty" diesel fuel.
                            The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                            The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Welcome!!!
                              Glad to have you here, and it's very cool to have someone from down there.

Ask away and we'll try to help.

As was said before, your English is great, better than most of ours! Haha
                              1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

Comment

Working...
                              X