No announcement yet.

My 1994 Lincoln Town Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those 16 inch CVPI steelies? She wears them really well. I may even like how those look more than blacked out HPPs, and those look pretty sick in their own right! Being a 16 inch wheel you can run 255 width tires at all four corners too. Surprised one of them steelies is bent, from what I hear that's very difficult to do! What'd the person you bought them from do, hop a gazillion curbs or some shit? Haha. Oh well least it's cheap to replace the dud.
    '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
    '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
    '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Originally posted by Hearsesrock427 View Post
      Those 16 inch CVPI steelies? She wears them really well. I may even like how those look more than blacked out HPPs, and those look pretty sick in their own right! Being a 16 inch wheel you can run 255 width tires at all four corners too. Surprised one of them steelies is bent, from what I hear that's very difficult to do! What'd the person you bought them from do, hop a gazillion curbs or some shit? Haha. Oh well least it's cheap to replace the dud.
      Yes they're 16 inch steelies, came off of a 99 GM. And thanks, I was actually curious how they would look on the car as i have never seen them on a town car before in person, or even google. Haha
      I mainly bought them because the tires were practically new, even still had the little nubbies on them..I got them from a local junkyard, so I'm assuming it could have been bent just by how roughly they push the cars around with the forklifts and whatnot. Couldn't pass them up for the money though. The 255 tire size would probably look good, and help with handling. I'll have to look into them.

-1994 Lincoln Town Car...always under construction

Comment

I used to bang steel wheels back into shape in the old days. Unless they were twisted or smashed badly. Just add a bit of paint to cover the sledge hammer marks. They are much more forgiving then aluminum alloy rims.
        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

That looks really bad ass!
          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Regarding tires, I know BF Goodrich has the G-force Sport Comp 2s (high performance summer tire with decent treadwear) in the right sizes for panther on 16s on tire rack. Think the dimensions were 255-50-R16.
            '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
            '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
            '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
              That looks really bad ass!
              Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
                I used to bang steel wheels back into shape in the old days. Unless they were twisted or smashed badly. Just add a bit of paint to cover the sledge hammer marks. They are much more forgiving then aluminum alloy rims.
                I would do this, but I'm actually not sure which one it is tbh. With the original rims/tires the car rode just fine, but after swapping them the steering wheel was to the right while traveling straight, the car pulled to the left, and the rear end kind of "wagged" at idle speed. I had thought it was a bad tire or two, but the tires are now on my other vehicle, and it drives perfect. Luckily I live near a small "mom and pop" tire shop that swaps tires for cheap.

Comment

Are you sure the lug nuts are tight? Do the wheels require different type nuts?
                  03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                  02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                  08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                  12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
                    Are you sure the lug nuts are tight? Do the wheels require different type nuts?
                    Yea they were tight, I did have to switch to the "collared" lug nuts, so I could use the center caps. But that should have no relevance.

Comment

It been a while since I've posted, but I did finally get my wheel and tire dilemma figured out. Bought 4 new tires, and replaced two bent rims. I still may look into a set of aftermarkets in the future. The car also hit 100k miles today! I didn't actually get to see, as I wasn't paying attention to the odometer for a few minutes. Still a little exciting though.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180303_083036.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	1284348
                        Ouch

Comment

Someone hit your ride?
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Yeah man, that's not going to rub out. That sucks either way.

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

Hate to admit it, but I suppose it's my fault. I was changing the door hinge pins. I accidentally closed the door before I had the hinges tightened in the right spot. I had to get the door opened, knowing the possible consequences. Aaaand then that happened.

Comment

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuu..............

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                Originally posted by gadget73
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X