Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ScottFest 2K17

It's time to start planning.
    And once again, I'll sit here and talk about how I'm going to actually supercharge the Marauder and smoke John.
    Some things will never change.

Alas, this year the festivities will be on:

[B]AUGUST 11-14 2017

139 Valley Road
    Birdsboro PA. 19508
    We will be honoring Scott's father over this weekend as well.

We'll have our usual BS-ing, cruises, food, drinks, Seagrams, drag racing? and if there's interest, a dyno day as well.
    Oh, don't forget the junkyard runs, ice cream, and maybe Centrailia!
    AND MEXICAN YUMMY GOODNESS FOODS!

We'll discuss a menu and other events as it draws closer.

So, let's get the conversation going!

-ryan s.
    Last edited by Lincolnmania; 04-25-2017, 08:22 PM. Reason: New location.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Definitely 11th-14th? Any chance it could be the previous weekend?

Interested in dyno, but dyno shop needs to be actually close to the shop for me to want to do that.

Comment

It's typically been the second weekend in August.

You can throw up a poll to see if folks want it changed.
      I may not be able to make it if it's the first weekend.

-ryan s.
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

As usual, I make plans for almost nothing, which means I can make pretty much anything. Unless something gets planned for me that I don't know about.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Not sure if I should show up this year or wait for the 10yr anniversary of my last appearance to make the trip

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
          '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
          '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
            It's typically been the second weekend in August.

You can throw up a poll to see if folks want it changed.
            I may not be able to make it if it's the first weekend.
            I think the dates should be cleared with Scott first, as I recall he had some plans for having the fest earlier this year, maybe in July? Just something to consider...
            The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
            The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

It will be hard to tell if we can come this year. My vacation is reserved for two weddings this year, one of which is mine. I don't believe I'm allowed to miss that one.

sigpic
              - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Just arrange for someone to cover for you both, I'm sure Sarah won't mind.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Depending on monies and debt pay-off rate... I may try to make it this year. No bets though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
                    I think the dates should be cleared with Scott first, as I recall he had some plans for having the fest earlier this year, maybe in July? Just something to consider...
                    I asked him today. I always ask him first. It is his gig. He approved.

-ryan s.
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Yeah don't think i'll make it this year either . If all goes well, maybe i'll make scottfest 2018, with a 347-powered beast-box! The way things are going, the motor might be going in the car about the time this year's event is happening. Add that to my having the LONGEST round trip, and i'm really going to have to budget vacation time, and hope the kids aren't ever sick. Hope it's a good one though.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                        I asked him today. I always ask him first. It is his gig. He approved.
                        Yeah I figured you probably did so, but, you know, better catch a possible slip-up now while it's still early. So August it is then, alrightie.
                        The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                          Just arrange for someone to cover for you both, I'm sure Sarah won't mind.
                          Are you volunteering yourself for this mission?

Comment

If the frame swap and other things on the '85 are done by then, I will be there late afternoon on the 12th (unless for whatever reason I don't have any jobs going early saturday). If the '85 isn't done in time feel free to poke around and admire all her $200 car problems while she's there. Haha.
                            Last edited by Hearsesrock427; 02-14-2017, 10:58 AM. Reason: Added some context
                            '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                            '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                            '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Originally posted by phayzer5 View Post
                              Not sure if I should show up this year or wait for the 10yr anniversary of my last appearance to make the trip
                              Apparently, 07 was my last year of attendance, so this is my 10yr anniv... sooooo..

I guess I'll see y'all there?

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                              '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                              '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Working...
                              X