ScottFest 2K17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

neighbors house just went up for sale this morning gabemang. lol

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
      I have a little one on the way

Congrats or condolences, depending how you feel about it
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        Congrats or condolences, depending how you feel about it
        QFT

some days are good... some days are bad... the first 2-6 months are usually sleepless. Good luck.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
          the first 2-6 months are usually sleepless. Good luck.
          In other words, you're pretty mush SOL, you can kiss most of your hobbies goodbye for at least several years. Yeah fuck that, I'm an egotistical asshole, no way I'm gonna let a young egotistical-asshole-wannabe (of my own creation no less!) ruin my me-time. LMAO!
          The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
          The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

The Shooting Brake (aka) 1989 Mercury Colony Park Resto Mod

I bought this car 12 years ago to ferry me, a codriver and four sheepdogs to sheepdog trials in Texas, Wyoming, Mississippi ,Vermont and Ontario. Since the only thing worse than breaking down after midnight on an utterly empty West Texas ranch road is breaking down with four dogs in the car, mechanics have done aircraft maintainance on the car- when any part reaches its life limit or might fail, replace it. I needed reliability and got it. There’s very little left of the original running gear and the car has always brought us home. Poor health means I won’t be trialing much longer and never so far from home. Consequently I will sell it. I’m in no big hurry - sometime before this time next year.

I have 40k in the car but will sell it for 6 (5 to GMN members). It will be at Scottfest Saturday for inspection and test drives.

Engine: 5000 miles

tre performance 306 shortblock, .030 over, hyper pistons with valve reliefs, reconditioned rods and crank, rotating assembly balanced.
            explorer gt40 heads with valve job and new guides, surface decked 0.010. crane cobra rockers, asp underdrive pulley, comp cams xe258, upgraded valve spring kit, new ford racing lifters, 96 explorer upper and lower intake, explorer 65mm throttle body. mass air conversion, a9 something ecm , quarterhorse chip and tuned frpp shorty headers, new distributor, water pump, timing set, oil pan, etc. (Thanks Scott for this description) Three cell radiator, rebuilt a/c, tranny and power steering coolers, electrical system kill switch.

Underneath:
            New body mounts, performance steering, aluminum drive shaft, heavy duty sway bars, limited slip differential, big brakes with ABS on 16 inch wheels. Yokohoma Avid tires new in January. New fullsized non-Avid spare. Cat 3 trailer hitch. Drip guide so A/C condensate doesn’t rust the frame.

Exterior:
            vinyl and badges removed (some vinyl remains on the roof rack and spoiler). Derusted and protected by Scott except rear driver quarter panel (more on this). Effective deer pusher. Solid paint/no clear coat. Windows tinted. Remote door unlock.

Visibility:
            Hellas foglights, Daniel Stern halogen headlights and wiring, auxiliary driving light tilted slight forward to replace the ditch lights. Driving lights augment the stock backup lights. Tailgate wiper and Rain tracker in the front. The Lincoln mirrors are heated and glare resistant.

Interior:
            New Vintage Woodward 3-1 gauges (speedo, tach, amp,temp,gas,oil pressure turn indicators, headlight brights, emergency brake indicator) Indicator gauge for ABS, fog lights and low wiper fluid. Dakota electronic shift indicator, Cabin temp gauge and programable temp gauge which sets off an alarm when interior temperature exceeds your preset limit (dogs and babies). Backup sensor. Walnut veneer dash. Reupholstered bucket seats from a Puegot 504 and the passenger seat folds flat into a bed. They are heatable but I haven’t hooked them up. The jump seats and seat belts are removed from the back compartment creating a trunk.

What’s wrong with it?

During the engine rebuild the #1 cylinder wall got scuffed and it clicks for the two minutes it takes to warm up.Nobody seems to know how many miles before it gets worse - might be 10k might be 100. Nothing to do about it since repair requires a new shortblock. I’d feel safe driving it anywhere.
            The transmission has been well maintained and rebuilt twice. Seems ok but has a lot of miles on it.

The paint is 12 years old and the car has not been garaged. It’s still okay but will need a paint job soon.

a pixel has died on the electronic gear indicator which is shows the same for P and R

Our farm’s at the end of a long dirt road. Rattles on uneven pavement.

The engine bay mat and dash cap are ratty.

After Scott finished his derusting, the driver’s rear quarter still needed work so I spent $500 at a body shop for work that is rebubbling rust two years later. When I went back to complain I learned that the body shop guy was in jail. I’ve an estimate of $500 to fix this.

The temp gauge reads too high.

The remote unlocks the car but you must lock it with the inside switches.

The lid of the driver side rear seat ashtray won’t stay shut.

500k miles.

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
              In other words, you're pretty mush SOL, you can kiss most of your hobbies goodbye for at least several years. Yeah fuck that, I'm an egotistical asshole, no way I'm gonna let a young egotistical-asshole-wannabe (of my own creation no less!) ruin my me-time. LMAO!
              nah. the hobbies are what helps get you through (along with the wife that may let you sleep while she takes the brunt of the hit in the sleep department so you can be alive at work - at least in my case because stay at home mom).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Shooting Brake ps:

One more thing wrong with it: missing kick trim on driver's side. I've got a good replacement and clips.
                One good thing: Includes chains and fire extinguisher

Comment

Picked up the 3, 3lb bags of chips today, used my dad for his senior discount. Do we have a headcount or any idea of who is bringing what? Anyone care to guess how many hamburger buns or hot dog buns I need to pick up?
                  Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

I'm bringing the pretzels. Should come with a tube of spicy mustard. Because yellow mustard is for squares.

Comment

I can bring bacon and ranch pasta salad
                      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

So what days are Phil and Matt gonna be there anyways? I need to show a car to one of them, and collect something else from the other.
                        The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                        The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Did you want me to bring up vegetable matter? I've got too many tomatoes and onions here and I can pick up corn if we're gonna cook it. I have a good local farm stand so if there is any other sort of veggie stuff needed let me know.
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I should be up friday to sunday as of now
                            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I can also bring eggs if someone is actually going to cook them. I don't eat them so you're on your own for prep work.

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
                                So what days are Phil and Matt gonna be there anyways? I need to show a car to one of them, and collect something else from the other.
                                Matt is not coming.
                                Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                                Did you want me to bring up vegetable matter? I've got too many tomatoes and onions here and I can pick up corn if we're gonna cook it. I have a good local farm stand so if there is any other sort of veggie stuff needed let me know.
                                CORN!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X