Finally found one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally found one!

Hi guys, it's been a while. Long story short Iv'e been pantherless for a bit because I gave my 86' gm to my daughter and my son bought my 05' P71.
    Then I went out and purchased a commuter to get me back and forth to work.

But in this time I have been looking around for a little project car or something to mess around with on weekends. Well after corresponding with the owner who lives 80 miles away and procrastinating for a month I finally decided to take the drive to take a look at her with cash in hand, SCORE, and she is now MINE! I just didn't get her home yet which will probably be this coming weekend.

She's an 86' Coupe in Spinnaker Blue with 68k original miles. I purchased from a lady who inherited it from her grandfather who bought the car new. Seems to be pretty original as far as panels/paint etc...
    Needs some tlc but she's solid. Everything works except the air conditioning. List of things that need attention so far:
    hood/top of trunk and roof need paint (side panels look great)
    Vinyl Landau needs to be replaced
    top of front bumper has surface rust
    top of dash pad has cracks
    driver side mirror cracked
    outside passenger door handle inoperable
    hood insulation needs to be replaced
    driver door latches ok but needs a minor adjustment... a minor sag
    AC wasn't working on test drive
    mild exhaust leak behind muffler
    stalled a few times and has some serious hesitation during test drive

Anyways here are the only pics I have of her for now.

Looks pretty clean buddy, nice grab! Bet that little FIAT is fun to drive too, just don't hit anything with it.

Comment

Cool and welcome back.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Nice. Looks pretty clean for East coast car. I hear foil can be used to clean up surface rust.

Comment

Welcome back

I'd like to get my hands on an Abarth and a Mini S sometime just to flog the hell out of for a day or two. Sounds like a fun weekend.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Awesome. That'll get you around when that Fiat is sitting at the dealer waiting to get fixed. =-)

Alex.

Comment

Mass response ...
              Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
              Looks pretty clean buddy, nice grab! Bet that little FIAT is fun to drive too, just don't hit anything with it.
              Thanks brutha... I have NO fear

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              Cool and welcome back.
              Thanks

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
              Nice. Looks pretty clean for East coast car. I hear foil can be used to clean up surface rust.
              Thanks Serge .... never heard of that so please explain, I'm interested

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              Welcome back

I'd like to get my hands on an Abarth and a Mini S sometime just to flog the hell out of for a day or two. Sounds like a fun weekend.
              I was forced to get an Automatic... Tried teaching my wife to drive stick on several occasions even with my 05' mustang gt when I had it... f n ooooof!
              what a mistake. She's highly intellegent and puts me to shame but her motor dexterity is like fkn CRASHhhhhhhh when it comes to clutch shift gas clutch brake..lolol

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
              Awesome. That'll get you around when that Fiat is sitting at the dealer waiting to get fixed. =-)

Alex.
              Uhhhm thanks... and I was smart enough to buy certified and add an extended warranty for 100k and 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by bigvin View Post
                Thanks Serge .... never heard of that so please explain, I'm interested
                I haven't tried it myself but there are bunch of youtube videos of guys using aluminum foil to remove surface rust from chrome. Basically dip foil in water and go to town.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                  I haven't tried it myself but there are bunch of youtube videos of guys using aluminum foil to remove surface rust from chrome. Basically dip foil in water and go to town.

I did this to my Hurst shifter, and it worked great!!

Welcome to the 2dr and small car club! I have a Fiesta ST as my DD.
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Cool!

Try messing around with a DA polisher and some pads. See what happens with the paint. good way to learn!
                    1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

Comment

I taught Ashley how to drive a stick and now she loves manuals just as much as I do. She can even rev match. I guess the base interest has to be there and be strong enough to carry the person through the difficult times. I always start by giving them a teaser (letting them drive the car and try it after I've shown them a few tricks to get them going) and then asking them where their interest is. If they want to continue, on comes the mechanical and physics lessons like how a clutch pedal is essentially an inverse brake pedal and why like the brakes, it must be modulated/feathered for smooth starts & shifts.
                      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Welcome back! Nice pics.
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                          X