Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspension drop info and picture request.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspension drop info and picture request.

So I was reading the sticky above in regards to suspension drops and the spring drop is an ideal solution since I need to replace the springs anyways, but there are no pictures; does anyone have pictures of how a 91 or older panther sits with the 1" spring drop?

Also, how low can we go on the stock rims and factory spec tires? I like my turbines and just want to tuck them some, doing so without major mods and with mods that are easily reversible are ideal.
    sigpic

Not sure how low my 89 was but it wore through the bump stops, and had larger than stock tires that didn't rub.

You should be just fine at 1"

More pics here... https://www.facebook.com/BoxPanthermafia/photos/
    Last edited by LSE_Dave; 02-16-2017, 12:05 AM.

85 LTC, Dark Canyon Red?/ 3.55 open/ HPP Wheels/ 4 Tone Horns/ ***POTM 5/2017*** SOLD
    06 LTC, Silver Birtch, Fully Loaded [ The Daily ] ***POTM 4/2018
    97 Mountaineer, 5.0 H.O. , 135k, Now with functioning window

89 LTC , Lowered, Straight Piped, (SOLD) 88 LTC (SOLD) Rough and Dirty, 2000 MGM, 2002 MGM, 96 MGM, 2005 MGM LSE (SOLD)

Comment

still curious to see what this looks like but I think i have convinced myself to just do it; pretty sure my rear is sagging at that ride height now so that gives me some idea. have to get my BKO out of the garage and then there is a pile of parts waiting to go on the Suburban; but once those two projects are done this spring the GM will get some attention.
      sigpic

Comment

An inch drop should get the top of the tire right at the fender opening up front IIRC. This may take some time and driving to settle the new springs though. Replacing the spring isolators while you're at it is probably a good idea. (The rubber donuts that sit on top of the springs.)

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Are there any spring options to take it lower or is there not enough travel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          sigpic

Comment

the lower you go, the more change you have of rubbing the fender. I have no clue how low you can go on stock control arms before having alignment and rubbing issues.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

With slightly saggy stock springs I get a bit of rub turning into a driveway or at full lock. This is with 17x8 wheels with 4.5" backspace and 255/50/17's. I chose the tire size because it's almost exactly the same diameter as stock crap.

Comment

Working...
              X