Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tudor Police

http://m.ebay.com/itm/1980-FORD-LTD-...%257Ciid%253A1

It would appear that Ford at least offered a 2-door police package in 1980.

Anyone seen one?
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

My mom had a 79 LTD-S tudor special order (had the police package minus electrics). Was a hand-me-down from her maternal grandmother when she could no longer drive. It was dark red on dark red (whatever they called burgundy that year) vinyl seats. When we finally got rid of that one, it was in need of serious help. That was 89 or 90 IIRC. The carb had gone to crap. Needed u-joints. We think the timing chain needed replacing... so much work needed to be done that it was actually cheaper to get another car.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

It is interesting to note that there was mention of the 351 HO for LTD-S police cars that was being prepared for release. Somewhere there's probably at least one unicorn example hanging around.

Seeing that type of information brochure also piques my interest regarding the early Panther Mercury police package cars. I guess a Tudor police package would rank up close to the Mercury police package, and any police package cars with the 351 HO, assuming any of those models exist anywhere anymore.

My Cars:
      -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
      -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
      -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
      -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

2dr police merc
        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

I wonder about said HO 351; I guess it'd be like the later truck version. Aka a 4-bbl with a revised cam. May be time to go dig around in my master parts catalog for some leads.

Speaking of - is there any specific part for a police car that would also be 2-door specific? If I knew where to look, I could possibly find a part number which means they made it. To all you naysayers - did the same to prove the Merc PI speedo and one of you mangs finally found one.
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

The 351 police engine was just called "HO", at least in 1982. That's what it says in my manual, not much to it, a little more aggressive cam, crappy heads, VV carb...dual exhaust. Also if you search on any major database online, if you select 1982 Ford LTD-S, and pull down the engine options, it will say "351 HO"...looks great on my insurance policy.
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Still wish I ordered the full police package on the 82 Merc 2 dr when I had it build. I would still have it.

Comment

Working...
              X