Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential Cornering Lamp Relay Replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potential Cornering Lamp Relay Replacement?

Stumbled on these pic based timing control boards on ebay;

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/12V-LED-Home-...QAAOSwiYFXI2yA

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-Digital-...item1eb39526e8

Both a bit different, one seems to be simple trigger based input, and separate output, the other a bit more versatile in hookup choices. But the key for cornering lamps is, they have the option to latch with a triggered input, and stay latched for a user defined period of time after the trigger signal is removed. Which, if they remain on with multiple trigger events during the on-time would make it a cheap replacement retrofit for no longer functioning cornering lamp relays.

Alex.

I like the second one better. No need to tie power to trigger.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I've been meaning to try and retrofit a Mark VII MF switch. Those have a dedicated switch contact for the corner lights. No stupid relays to deal with.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Box relays are those ones under the steering column right? I have a bunch in my tool box should they fail.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

yeah, the ones with the tab that hang off the column. I just want to make the delay stop, and the blinking off-sync with the turn signals at idle if I have the headlights on. It slows the blinker just enough to screw with it.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X