PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1980 Continental Town Coupé

Original Lincoln key blanks are hard to find. We bought several from Fleabay and while they looked correct in the photos they were either the wrong metal composition or too short so we were never able to make spares for Ashley's TC. Luckily the guy that bought my car held on to the factory keys. I can't stand the way aftermarket spares look.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    Not going manual. There's a good trans in it now, and I've got a built wr-aod in my 84 that'll eventually take its place
    Damnit, I fail to convince another soul.

At least the WR-AOD is a good trans.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Quote Originally Posted by SVT98t View Post
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
    '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
    '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

Stolen for sig purposes.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Good to see you saved that town coupe, also that someone else on here has one. Hopefully that top will clean up nice. You could fine different color seats and get them dyed, like some newer signature series seats. I had my vinyl top dyed on my blue 89 to match the dark blue in the interior, and turned out great.

Love that car. Still like the full bumpers most of all on these Lincolns. It's an attention grabber.

89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
    13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
    "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

so much truth

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Rabble rouser?

Ok, it fits.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    Stolen for sig purposes.
    I would too except I can't figure out how to do it lol

Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 267,xxx km. Out for 2017, new HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
    Winter vehicle-> 1996 Ford F-150 XL 4x4, orange, 302,xxx+km. AKA "King Billy". Takes the beating like no vehicle should ever have to. Bought 2013/11/26.

Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada

Looks like I did do it after all

Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 267,xxx km. Out for 2017, new HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
    Winter vehicle-> 1996 Ford F-150 XL 4x4, orange, 302,xxx+km. AKA "King Billy". Takes the beating like no vehicle should ever have to. Bought 2013/11/26.

GMN Regular

I hope you can find front seats in better shape from a junkyard.
    '79 Continental Town Car *In storage.*
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD *In storage.*
    '94 Crown Victoria
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    I practically live like it's 1993.

I'd be offended if that wasn't such a fitting statement.

The bad thing of that interior is the color is oddly rare. Maybe try white front and rear seats? would set off the interior in pimp fashion.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    The bad thing of that interior is the color is oddly rare. Maybe try white front and rear seats? would set off the interior in pimp fashion.
    I was thinking, since the carpet needs replacing along with the seats (rear seats are usable, but leather is cracked in places), that I'd just go with a simple black carpet and seats. For those, I was thinking of keeping it all in the family and going with a set of mark 8 buckets. Maybe replacing the center panels with some sort of tan/ light brown velour to tie it all together.

I've had thoughts down the road of redoing the top and painting the car black above the pinstripe/body top edge for a two tone look.

Maybe dark cordovan for the top/paint and seats instead of black?

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
    '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
    '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

drink a beer, grow a beard, cut it, grind it, weld it back His Royal Ghostliness's Avatar

Idk what the Mk8 seats look like, but Mk7 LSC seats are some of the most comfortable ones I've ever had to spend hours into. In a stick-shift Mk7 even, on an interstate turned parking lot, so lots of clutching action and still I never felt any fatigue anywhere. Lots of adjustability in the LSC seats, even the very front of the bottom pillow can be extended forward a bit for better leg support. Made by Recaro supposedly, which would explain the ergonomics. Hell I got Recaros of my own, they are bare-bones model with minimal adjustment options (fore-aft, tilt, and height for the driver only) and they still just feel right and super-comfy.

Another seat donor to consider would be Taurus SHO. Super-comfy again, lots of adjustments, bit more square than the LSC seats tho so may be a better match style-wise for a box Panther. Also generally somewhat wider than LSC seats, so possibly better suited for a person with a wider build who may feel a bit cramped in the LSC seats.
    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
    The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Southern

If you're not an average height/average weight person or under - the Taurus SHO seats are a bit narrow up til 95. The 96-99 SHO seats are more accommodating. No special adjustments except the 96 model year had articulating head rests.

drink a beer, grow a beard, cut it, grind it, weld it back His Royal Ghostliness's Avatar

The SHOs I had were your typical 6-way power plus air side bolsters and lumbar support. Non articulated head rests tho. Pretty comfy for me, but I am not of a wide-frame build. Friend with several Mk7s dislikes the LSC seats cause they're too narrow for him, he prefers the Bill Blass version - quite a bit less side bolstering there tho, they are very much like Towncar seats in that regard.

Sit in and try out is the best way to pick them really.
    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Southern

At the Pull A Part! Bring a trash bag to cover the nastiness on the seats.

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

my chief complaint with Mark VII seats is that they get hard. My driver's seat is very comfortable, its got a lot of ass time in it. The passenger seat is like sitting on a public bus seat, hard as a friggin rock. Also, leather, which doesn't age for shit. I will never understand the fascination with putting dead animal hide inside a car. It cracks and gets to looking all shitty after a while.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

I was thinking, since the carpet needs replacing along with the seats (rear seats are usable, but leather is cracked in places), that I'd just go with a simple black carpet and seats. For those, I was thinking of keeping it all in the family and going with a set of mark 8 buckets. Maybe replacing the center panels with some sort of tan/ light brown velour to tie it all together.

I've had thoughts down the road of redoing the top and painting the car black above the pinstripe/body top edge for a two tone look.

Maybe dark cordovan for the top/paint and seats instead of black?
    You could die your door panels. I used the paint that they call "dye", holds up pretty well. I will say. Maybe do a tu-tone look on the door panels too? I do approve of the two tone, I've been thinking that for mine, too.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    my chief complaint with Mark VII seats is that they get hard. My driver's seat is very comfortable, its got a lot of ass time in it. The passenger seat is like sitting on a public bus seat, hard as a friggin rock. Also, leather, which doesn't age for shit. I will never understand the fascination with putting dead animal hide inside a car. It cracks and gets to looking all shitty after a while.
    I thought that's the same kind of material Panther seats got, which is vinyl of some sorts? But yeah, you're right, stuff does get rocky and cracked...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    You could die your door panels. I used the paint that they call "dye", holds up pretty well.
    That "dye" also works well for headliners and such, and even carpets!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast