No announcement yet.

Finally got her home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my center caps were actually the problem. they would rattle until I got going fast enough for them to stop. I honestly just don't like wire spoke wheels anyway so losing them was no problem for me.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

ah... yeah... the centers are meh. Only one of mine rattled... but that's mainly because it was missing one prong and it didn't rattle much beyond 5mph IIRC and never could hear it in the car because tunes.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Well tried the aluminum foil and it started ripping to shreds. The pitting is pretty bad and will have to be steel wooled and top of bumper painted for now. The car actually runs and drives great for it's age and how original it is. As I go through it the more little things I see like some of the exterior trim is missing some chrome etc... I can't complain for the price, I only paid $750 for the car so putting $1k into it for now isn't to bad. The fuel pump set me back... was unanticipated and was hoping to take care of some of the cosmetics first. I'd like to at least get the front brake hoses, rotors/pads done for now so I have some more confidence running around in it.

Comment

Working...
        X