No announcement yet.

Finally got her home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still in awe how original and clean this car is. I haven't seen an original 30 year old trunk ever look like this.
    No water ever got in this trunk.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20170223_202636.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	1281389

Name:	20170223_202606.jpg
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	1281390

Name:	20170223_202625.jpg
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	1281391

Name:	20170223_202645.jpg
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	1281392

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm guessing you were the same guy I settled up with when I picked the car up Monday night. You are the man.... White walls out ftw on a white top Vic with spoke hubcaps 😁
      Thank you again for taking care of her. Drove beautiful the whole ride home. I called Rob and thanked him as well for adjusting the price the pump for me.
      Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
      Hi Vinny. I work at that pepboys haha. The Ford Master tech was the only one to diagnose on Sunday. He being the greedy bastard he is, wouldn't let me do the job. But I'll tell you this much, though he's kind of a pompous ass, he's a very good tech. I put the tires on and made the decision to put the white walls out. I hope you liked that. Also replaced your headlight and reverse lights. Would definitely replace those reverse lenses as they're cracked. Had I known it was you, I would've told you to tell them that you were one of my friends and I could've gotten you a better price.

Comment

Originally posted by bigvin View Post
        Still in awe how original and clean this car is. I haven't seen an original 30 year old trunk ever look like this.
        No water ever got in this trunk.
        [ATTACH]47113[/ATTACH]
        Check my 29 year old trunk out

Name:	IMAG1023.jpg
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	1281393
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Now that's fresh!😎
          Now I'm psyched to take a vacuum to mine. I hope I find the spare tire cover floating around under the tire somewhere... Would be nice

Comment

Thank you sir!
            Amazes me that people can't be bothered to put stuff back where they got it or where the found it. Guy I bought my car from threw the original floor mats away because he didn't like them. They were the originals!
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by bigvin View Post
              I'm guessing you were the same guy I settled up with when I picked the car up Monday night. You are the man.... White walls out ftw on a white top Vic with spoke hubcaps 
              Thank you again for taking care of her. Drove beautiful the whole ride home. I called Rob and thanked him as well for adjusting the price the pump for me.
              No problem. Just a heads up, the driver rear hub cap is not held on by a retainer, the thing is in the trunk but it looks like the nut that was welded to it is long gone.

Comment

Yeah I saw the retainer when I vacuumed the trunk before... Also found the nut for the hubcap lock bolt in there as well. But no spare tire cover
                So got It inspected today, put on the new driver mirror glass and cleaned out the interior as well. Tried a spot on the hood with some rubbing compound and boy is it toast lol. Trunk not as bad and roof being the worst. Also the front bumper is no way workable other than sanded and painted at this point.
                Here are some pics of the aesthetically debilitated areas.
                Hood

Name:	20170224_170817.jpg
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	1281396

Name:	20170224_170851.jpg
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	1281397
                Roof

Name:	20170224_170859.jpg
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	1281398

Name:	20170224_170906.jpg
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	1281399
                Trunk

Name:	20170224_170913.jpg
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	1281401
                Bumper

Name:	20170224_170841.jpg
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	1281400

Dash

Name:	20170224_170817.jpg
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	1281396

Comment

Take some tinfoil and water or coke and rub the front bumper. Will make it more bearable for the time being.

Cant help you out with the rest of the panels. They are toast.

Clean trunk interior or sure.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

If that doesn't work, fashion a hat from the remaining foil to protect your thoughts from the lizard people. At least some good should come of it.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I know the woes of toasted paint on the roof. I don't have any surface rust coming through though, just really faded colors from a meh repaint many years ago under the first owner. I'm glad my bumpers haven't rusted like that, though. That's rough.

Luckily everything is repairable in time. You have a good base to start on and essentially the only way to go is up. Should turn out nice when you're done.

My Cars:
                      -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                      -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                      -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                      -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Last car I had with really bad bumper chrome, I ended up taking a wire brush on a drill to de-rust it then I painted it. Not the most awesome look if you're into chrome, but better than rust.
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I have 3 good retainers for those bolt-on hubcaps for boxes from my 88 MGM. That part should be the same.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

The hubcaps will stay on fine without those retainers, I removed those annoying things after the first year of swapping summer and winter tires. Hubcap retainers and wheel locks, two things that will get removed from my cars.

Alex.

Comment

I got rid of mine too, along with the hubcaps. No love for those rattly annoying things.

Comment

oddley enough, mine never rattled.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X