Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copart - '85 Grand Marquis Tudor

https://www.copart.com/lot/19483247

Was going through some of the listings on Copart and this caught my eye. It seems to be a rather base model Grand Marquis tudor. Looks like someone was attempting to eliminate the CFI setup and it has some additional gauges in the interior. Must have been sitting a bit due to all the dust in the engine bay. Wouldn't be a bad project for someone out west or someone willing to travel.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Loving the white on the tudors.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Copart - '85 Grand Marquis Tudor

Are those extra guages or just a picture stuck to the dash??? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by adam.w.ackerman View Post
        Are those extra guages or just a picture stuck to the dash??? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Exactly what I was thinking.

Is that an Edelbrock carburetor and aftermarket valve covers?

85 LTC, Dark Canyon Red?/ 3.55 open/ HPP Wheels/ 4 Tone Horns/ ***POTM 5/2017*** SOLD
        06 LTC, Silver Birtch, Fully Loaded [ The Daily ] ***POTM 4/2018
        97 Mountaineer, 5.0 H.O. , 135k, Now with functioning window

89 LTC , Lowered, Straight Piped, (SOLD) 88 LTC (SOLD) Rough and Dirty, 2000 MGM, 2002 MGM, 96 MGM, 2005 MGM LSE (SOLD)

Comment

Look at that hefty radiator. Looks like a decent low dollar project. Donated vehicle so previous owner did not want it junked Good thing it is in NV. It would never pass a Ca. smog test.

Comment

Yup, looks to have an electric fan conversion too by that weird bracket. Hmmm. Bet I could get it smogged....

Comment

Hate Ecklebrock carburetors, they're the cop-out's choice yet right out of the box they typically don't run right either. Holley's are a breeze to change jets and such. That two door looks beat. Never buy someone else's unfinished hobby car.
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                Hate Ecklebrock carburetors, they're the cop-out's choice yet right out of the box they typically don't run right either. Holley's are a breeze to change jets and such. That two door looks beat. Never buy someone else's unfinished hobby car.
                Holley's a breeze to change jets?? You must have that backasswards... Why completely drain and remove the fuel bowl when I can pop the top off and and do it without spilling a drop?

That said, I do have a $600 pro-systems 750 on my 408w. Not because its easier to swap jets, but that the speed shop gurus can tune it for more power

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Not backwards at all, matter of preference. I never saw it as a PITA to remove one of the bottom bolts with a tray or paper towel under it to catch the run off. It's an old guy muscle car thing. I like seeing holleys on top of stuff, not Ecklebrock (Yes, I know it's spelled Edelbrock)
                  1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                  1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                    Yup, looks to have an electric fan conversion too by that weird bracket. Hmmm. Bet I could get it smogged....
                    For some short dollars you could do a trip to Vegas. Buy the car, stop at Stateline on the return. Do some gambling, hit a buffet and see a show. Rooms are reasonable too. That was one of my getaways in the 90s.

Comment

Working...
                    X